Match Preview: Newcastle 4-1 Rochdale Predictions and Betting Tips, FA Cup
Tips & Predictions For Today, January 14, 2020.
League: ENGLAND: FA Cup – 1/32-finals
Match: 20:45 Newcastle – Rochdale
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 4:1 WON!!!
- After conceding a 79th minute equaliser in the first match-up, Newcastle United must now face Rochdale again as they look to end a five-game unbeaten run in all competitions (D2, L3) – a streak that has seen Newcastle net the opener on three occasions.
- However, with the ‘Magpies’ conceding after the 60th minute in their last two home games (L2), and without a clean sheet in their previous six FA Cup home fixtures (W3, D1, L2), there’s no guarantee Newcastle will secure an easy result here. They are, however, unbeaten as a home favourite this season (W3, D2 – in all competitions).
- League One Rochdale have now scored in the final half-hour in their last three matches (W2, D1), and whilst that second-half comeback against Newcastle will have inspired, it would also have surprised their fans – Rochdale have lost all seven league games this term that they were trailing at half-time.
- The visitors have played just two FA Cup away games against Premier League opposition since the turn of the century, and whilst both teams scored in each, Rochdale lost by at least a three-goal margin in both games. Notably though, only one of their last eight competitive away games saw the teams separated by more than 1.5 goals at full-time.
- Players to watch: Miguel Almirón (NUFC) has netted the opener in the last three fixtures he’s scored in – including the previous H2H.
- Rochdale’s Ian Henderson has scored in five away games this term – he netted a first-half opener in four.
- Stat attack: Newcastle won by at least a -1 handicap in four of their last five FA Cup home wins. Both teams scored in four of those victories.
- There’s been a goal after the 75th minute in Rochdale’s last four away games.
- Three of Newcastle’s four home wins this season saw them net the winner after the 70th minute.