Match Preview: Crystal Palace 0-2 Southampton Predictions and Betting Tips, Premier League
Tips & Predictions For Today, January 21, 2020.
League: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 24
Match: 20:30 Crystal Palace – Southampton
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:2 WON!!!
- A tight battle should be expected, considering Crystal Palace’s last nine league outings have produced a final margin of under 1.5 goals between the sides. The Eagles’ only goals inside the home games within that entire sequence arrived in the second half, with 80% of their goals arriving beyond the hour mark.
- Additionally, Palace have conceded first in each of their last four competitive home matches, with the latter two of those witnessing a red card either way inside the 61st-75th minute period. That same duo of matches also saw Crystal Palace lose the first half precisely by a 1-0 scoreline.
- Southampton will certainly relish Palace’s tendency to start slow on home turf, having scored first in six of their last seven Premier League (PL) away fixtures. Even so, four of the Saints’ last five road trips in the league have seen both teams score in at least one half of play.
- The ‘Saints’ have a good recent record at Selhurst Park, winning four PL visits since Crystal Palace’s 2013 promotion (W4, L2). Of those victorious trips to this part of London, 75% (three) came after a first half won 1-0 by Southampton.
- Players to watch: Palace forward Jordan Ayew has netted in his last two home league games. Both goals arrived in the second half.
- ‘Saints’ striker Stuart Armstrong got the equaliser in Southampton’s last away game (W 2-1), and 60% of his five Southampton career goals have come before the 20th minute mark.
- Stat attack: The 16th-45th minute period has produced no goals either way across Palace’s last six PL home games.
- Southampton’s PL win-rate of 45.45% as an away outsider in 2019/20 is the best amongst clubs not involved in European competition this term.
- None of the last six PL H2Hs held at Selhurst Park have seen both teams score before half-time.