Match Preview: Manchester Utd 0-2 Burnley Predictions and Betting Tips, Premier League
Tips & Predictions For Today, January 22, 2020.
League: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 24
Match: 21:15 Manchester Utd – Burnley
Tip: Home Win
Match Result: 0:2 LOST
- Manchester United are aiming to improve upon their mixed record of two wins out of their last six in all competitions. They won 2-0 away at Burnley as recently as last month, meaning that each of their past three wins overall have come with a clean sheet.
- Ole Gunnar Solskjær’s men will at least be grateful for home advantage, as they are enjoying a nine-game Premier League (PL) unbeaten streak at Old Trafford (W5, D4). The ‘Red Devils’ only recorded two clean sheets within that period, but they are also yet to lose at home when opening the scoring (W5, D2).
- Burnley approach this battle in high spirits after defeating third-place Leicester City last time out. In turn, their last three PL victories have come by a character-testing one-goal margin, but a lingering concern is that they have failed to win away at any current top-half team this season (D1, L5).
- The ‘Clarets’ have also failed to score in four of their last six PL away trips, and are yet to win away this season when conceding the first goal (D2, L5). That noted, they have at least been drawing at half-time in six of their 11 away games (54.55%), proving that they can be tough to break down initially.
- Players to watch: Mason Greenwood has scored in each of Man United’s last three PL home encounters, including two after the 75th minute.
- Out of Burnley’s latest six PL away goals, striker Chris Wood has bagged three of them, and each was either the first or last goal of the game.
- Stat attack: The last three H2H encounters to take place at Old Trafford have ended level.
- Only three of Man United’s last 12 games in all competitions have seen both teams score.
- None of Burnley’s previous six PL away matches have seen both teams find the net.