Match Preview: Birmingham 1-1 Coventry Predictions and Betting Tips, FA Cup
Tips & Predictions For Today, February 4, 2020.
League: ENGLAND: FA Cup – 1/16-finals
Match: 20:45 Birmingham – Coventry
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:1 WON!!!
- Local rivals Birmingham City and Coventry City shared a goalless draw in the first cup clash and on evidence, this could go a similar way – each of the last three H2Hs were level at both half-time and full-time. Moreover, Birmingham are unbeaten in six games (W3, D3) whilst Coventry haven’t lost since December (W6, D4).
- Despite the fact that these two clubs share a stadium, Birmingham’s ‘home’ games have been goal-fuelled affairs of late, with each of the last six seeing both teams score and five producing over 2.5 goals (4.5 goals per match on average). Moreover, both teams scored before half-time in four of those fixtures (1.83 first-half goals on average).
- Fitting with the script, Coventry coach Mark Robins has a personal record of: W1, D1, L1 vs Birmingham, and saw his side score before the interval in two of them. Two of those meetings also saw exactly two second-half goals.
- The ‘Sky Blues’ are unbeaten in six FA Cup matches (W3, D3) though they were eliminated in their last tie vs higher-tier opposition (3-1 vs Brighton). Notably though, they did manage to overcome Stoke City in their last tie vs a Championship team (2-1).
- Players to watch: Birmingham’s Lukas Jutkiewicz has scored 18 league goals for Coventry, and most recently netted an opener vs one of his other former employers (Middlesbrough).
- Six of Matthew Godden’s nine Coventry goals this season came in hat-tricks in two of their last four away victories – there was one penalty goal in each game.
- Stat attack: Five of Birmingham’s last six FA Cup matches produced under 2.5 goals.
- Birmingham are amongst the worst disciplined Championship sides (58 yellows, two reds, 2.0 cards per match).
- Three of Coventry’s last five FA Cup victories came via a single-goal margin.