Match Preview: Montpellier 1-1 Metz Predictions and Betting Tips, Ligue 1
Tips & Predictions For Today, February 5, 2020.
League: FRANCE: Ligue 1 – Round 23
Match: 19:00 Montpellier – Metz
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:1 WON!!!
- Montpellier’s 2-1 victory over Dijon made it five straight Ligue 1 (L1) home fixtures featuring over 2.5 goals. That result contributed to ‘Le MHSC’ approaching this match with the league’s joint-third best offensive home record, after scoring 1.91 goals per-home fixture to date.
- Despite their prowess up front, and a 75% win-rate from their L1 home games entered as a favourite this campaign (W6, D1, L1), Montpellier may certainly want to keep it tight late on. Notably, 44.44% of their home league goals conceded so far have arrived after the 75th minute.
- Visitors Metz travel here after winning just two of their opening 11 L1 away matches (D4, L5), with each of these five losses being settled by at least a two-goal margin. Furthermore, they possess the division’s joint-third worst away record in attack, with just 0.64 goals scored on-average per road trip.
- ‘Les Grenats’ often start slow, as evidenced by the fact that 76.47% of their L1 away goals conceded this season have arrived before the break. As a result, they have been behind at the break in seven of their 11 L1 road trips this term, for a half-time record of: W3, D1, L7.
- Players to watch: Montpellier striker Andy Delort has netted each of his last three home league goals inside the 25 minutes following the break. Meanwhile, Habib Diallo has scored Metz’s opening goal in ten of the 11 league games where he has scored.
- Stat attack: Montpellier have scored a third of their home L1 goals in the 15 minutes before half-time.
- Metz are yet to concede a goal after the 75th minute on the road this L1 season.
- At all venues, the opener has been scored within 30 minutes in each of the last four L1 H2Hs.