Match Preview: Sheffield Utd 2-1 Bournemouth Predictions and Betting Tips, Premier League
Tips & Predictions For Today, February 9, 2020.
League: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 26
Match: 15:00 Sheffield Utd – Bournemouth
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:1 WON!!!
- Sheffield United will look for their Premier League (PL) fairytale to continue as a win here would see them jump into fifth place. They’re having to work hard for points though, with six of their nine PL wins so far arriving by just a one-goal margin. Additionally, the ‘Blades’ are proving strong at the back thanks to nine PL clean sheets – bettered only by Liverpool.
- The hosts are favourites for victory here, and they possess a very positive record when pre-match favourites this PL campaign (W6, D1, L2), and as home favourites (W4, D1, L2). If they score expect that record to strengthen – Chris Wilder’s team haven’t lost a home league game in which they’ve found the net since August.
- Bournemouth have rediscovered their form after winning their last two PL fixtures, after winning just two in the 13 league matches prior. They led at half-time both times, which further enhanced their excellent PL record this season when leading at the break (W5, D1).
- They’ve only won one of their past nine away in the PL though, failing to score in six. Five of their last seven PL away wins saw them keep a clean sheet, but Eddie Howe’s side have kept only four out of a possible 25 this league season (16%).
- Players to watch: Sheffield United’s last three PL victories have come by a 1-0 scoreline, with Oliver McBurnie netting the winner on two occasions.
- Callum Wilson and Harry Wilson are collectively responsible for 52% of Bournemouth’s PL goals this season (13).
- Stat attack: Bournemouth have only ever beaten Sheffield United once in 16 H2Hs, and that was back in August 1987.
- A league-low twenty of Sheffield United’s 25 PL matches this season produced under 2.5 goals (80%).
- Bournemouth have failed to score a second-half goal in nine of their last 11 PL clashes.