Match Preview: Monaco 1-0 Montpellier Predictions and Betting Tips, Ligue 1
Tips & Predictions For Today, February 14, 2020.
League: FRANCE: Ligue 1 – Round 25
Match: 20:45 Monaco – Montpellier
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:0 LOST
- Monaco enter this game hoping to complete a run of three consecutive wins in Ligue 1 (L1) for the first time since 2017/18. Overall, Monaco’s home matches this L1 campaign have witnessed a league high of 4.0 goals per-game on average, with 66.67% of their league games at Stade Louis II featuring over 3.5 goals.
- Here, ‘Les Monégasques’ will be looking to build on their outstanding historical top-flight H2H home record against Montpellier (W17, D8, L2). Furthermore, with one goal after the 85th minute in each of the last three league H2Hs held here, this game could well witness some late drama.
- Visitors Montpellier travel here after winning just one of their 11 road trips this L1 season (D5, L5), with four of those five losses coming ‘to-nil’. That is an unsurprising statistic though, considering that the visitors have kept just one clean sheet on the road in L1 this season.
- Furthermore, ’Le MHSC’ have a habit of conceding first on the road, doing so in eight (W1, D2, L5) of their 11 L1 away fixtures this season. Fans should expect a lively start here, as Montpellier have conceded the opener within 15 minutes in three of their last four road trips in the top-flight.
- Players to watch: Monaco striker Wissam Ben Yedder leads the L1 scoring charts with 16 goals so far, with half being scored in the opening half hour. Meanwhile, Florent Mollet has scored six L1 goals for Montpellier this term, with four coming after the break.
- Stat attack: Just one of Monaco’s 12 home games this L1 campaign has stood goalless at half-time.
- Montpellier have drawn the three L1 away games in which they were leading at half-time.
- Monaco have kept a first-half clean sheet in five of the last six L1 H2Hs (at all venues).