Match Preview: Nantes 0-1 Lille Predictions and Betting Tips, Ligue 1
Tips & Predictions For Today, March 1, 2020.
League: FRANCE: Ligue 1 – Round 27
Match: 15:00 Nantes – Lille
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:1 LOST
- Nantes enter this game after falling to defeat in three of their last four Ligue 1 (L1) home fixtures (D1). Moreover, the fact the hosts have failed to win any of their last ten top-flight H2Hs at the Stade de la Beaujoire (D5, L5), will not bring confidence to their fans.
- Encouragingly, ‘Les Canaris’ often shut out the opposition here, with 53.85% of their L1 home games this term witnessing a Nantes clean sheet. Tension could still be a theme though, as each of Nantes’ last 11 home league fixtures that didn’t end in a draw ended up being settled by a slim one-goal margin.
- Aiming to win three consecutive L1 games on the road, Lille will be keen to net first here considering they’ve won only one of the eight L1 road trips in which they’ve shipped the opening goal this campaign (D1, L6).
- Fans should expect a lively start though, as the opener has been scored within 15 minutes in three of the visitors’ last four L1 away fixtures. However, Lille will want to keep things tight in the 30-minute period following the break, as half of the away league goals they’ve conceded this term arrived during this time period.
- Players to watch: Nantes’ Moses Simon has netted four of his five league strikes this term after the 60th minute. Meanwhile, Lille veteran Loïc Remy has opened the scoring within ten minutes in each of the last three competitive games he’s found the net.
- Stat attack: A league-high nine of Nantes’ 13 L1 home fixtures this term have featured under 1.5 goals.
- Lille have won only one of the seven away league games they’ve entered as betting favourites this season (D2, L4).
- Referee Willy Delajod’s average of 0.57 red cards awarded per game is the highest of all L1 officials.