Match Preview: West Brom 2-3 Newcastle Predictions and Betting Tips, FA Cup
Tips & Predictions For Today, March 3, 2020.
League: ENGLAND: FA Cup – 1/8-finals
Match: 21:00 West Brom – Newcastle
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:3 WON!!!
- Losing 1-0 last time out to end a six-game unbeaten streak in the Championship, league-leaders West Bromwich Albion’s (WBA) last three matches have seen one team win ‘to-nil’. One-nil victors in their last two FA Cup rounds, Albion have won ‘to-nil’ in 28.21% of 39 matches in all competitions this season.
- However, having lost ‘to-nil’ in 42.86% of their last seven home matches, the ‘Baggies’ have kept just two clean sheets at The Hawthorns this season. Moreover, WBA have only kept three clean sheets from their last 13 H2H home clashes in all competitions.
- Without a win inside 90 minutes for seven straight matches, 63.64% of Newcastle United’s last 11 matches in all competitions have produced stalemates. Yet, despite failing to score for three straight matches, half of the Magpies’ last four FA Cup rounds have seen both teams score over 3.5 total goals.
- Without a win in standard time for eight straight awaydays, Newcastle have conceded two or more goals in 57.14% of their last seven trips in all competitions. But despite scoring one goal or more in 60.0% of their last 15 competitive away matches, they’ve netted two or more goals in half of their last six trips to the Hawthorns.
- Players to watch: West Brom’s Hal Robson-Kanu has three goals from his last three appearances. Three of his last four home goals have come in the first half.
- Newcastle midfielder Jonjo Shelvey has five goals this term, along with one prior H2H assist. Four of his last five senior away goals for Newcastle have come during wins, of which three produced over 2.5 total goals.
- Stat attack: Two of WBA’s last three league matches saw red cards awarded.
- Newcastle’s last nine matches in all competitions have yielded over 9.5 total corners.
- Four of the last seven H2Hs have produced 1-0 scorelines.