Match Preview: Sheffield Wed 0-1 Manchester City Predictions and Betting Tips, FA Cup
Tips & Predictions For Today, March 4, 2020.
League: ENGLAND: FA Cup – 1/8-finals
Match: 20:45 Sheffield Wed – Manchester City
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:1 LOST
- At this stage for the second time in six seasons, Sheffield Wednesday have not made it to the quarter finals since 1997. They are in poor form overall, with just two wins from their last ten competitive matches (D3, L5), and can expect to do a lot of defending here.
- Sheff Wed have conceded 1.9 goals on average across their last ten competitive matches, keeping just a single clean sheet within that sequence. At home, things look even bleaker, with a single win in the Owls’ last seven competitive matches in front of their own fans, conceding 3+ goals in three of their last five home fixtures.
- Manchester City, meanwhile, have scored four goals in both FA Cup rounds so far, with precisely two goals in each half in both matches. The first goal could be of importance despite City’s scoring ability, as just one team has scored in six of City’s last eight competitive matches.
- Curiously, four of City’s last five competitive away matches have come via a single goal margin, winning 1-0 and 2-1 twice each. In the larger picture, however, they’ve scored 2.58 goals on average from their last 12 competitive away matches, notching at least three in 50% of those.
- Players to watch: Josh Windass has two goals from his last three matches for Sheff Wed, scoring his team’s only goal on both occasions. Meanwhile, City’s Gabriel Jesus scored twice in the last round, and his last four goals have all been scored after the 70th minute.
- Stat attack: Sheff Wed have been shown a single yellow card from two FA Cup appearances.
- Sheff Wed have conceded six first-half goals across their last four matches.
- None of Man City’s last four FA Cup away fixtures vs lower-league opposition have ended level (W3, L1).
- City averaged 3.00 goals beyond the hour mark across the last two of those above matches.