Match Preview: Lyon – Reims Predictions and Betting Tips, Ligue 1
Tips & Predictions For Today, March 13, 2020.
League: FRANCE: Ligue 1 – Round 29
Match: 20:45 Lyon – Reims
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: Postponed due to safety reasons.
- Olympique Lyonnais’ 2-0 win versus rivals St Étienne in their last Ligue 1 (L1) home outing bore some significance, with that result making it ten home league fixtures (from 13) seeing at least one side fail to score. Significantly, ten of Lyon’s last 12 league games at the Groupama Stadium have now featured under 2.5 goals.
- Encouragingly, ‘Les Gones’ possess the division’s second-best defensive home record, after conceding only 0.54 goals per home fixture to date. However, the fact that they have failed to score in a joint-league high 46.15% of their games here this campaign is concerning.
- Though visitors Stade Reims have seen all but two of their 14 league away games to date produce under 2.5 goals, there’s only been one goalless draw across Reims’ last 25 L1 away fixtures. Furthermore, only one of their away league games this season featured both teams scoring before half-time.
- Reims have won just one of the eight away league fixtures in which they conceded first this season (D2, L5). However, with a goal scored either way from the 75th minute onwards in five of their last seven competitive road trips, this game could witness some late drama.
- Players to watch: Lyon midfielder Houssem Aouar has netted five of his last six competitive goals after the 80th minute. Meanwhile, Boulaye Dia (REI) has been the last goalscorer of the match with five of his seven top-flight strikes so far this campaign.
- Stat attack: Lyon are the only L1 side yet to concede a goal during the opening 40 minutes at home this campaign.
- Reims’ league fixtures on the road this term have averaged just 0.57 first-half goals per game – a league-low.
- Seven of the last eight top-flight H2Hs held here have witnessed under 1.5 first-half goals.