Match Preview: Paderborn 1-1 Hoffenheim Predictions and Betting Tips, Bundesliga
Tips & Predictions For Today, May 23, 2020.
League: GERMANY: Bundesliga – Round 27
Match: 14:30 Paderborn – Hoffenheim
Tip: BTS – Yes
Match Result: 1:1 WON!!!
- Yet to score against Hoffenheim in any competition in their history (D1, L4), Paderborn will need to buck that trend to improve upon their lacklustre record of W1, D1, L6 as a home outsider this Bundesliga campaign. Finding the back of the net has been no issue for Paderborn recently though, particularly at home where they have failed to score just once this season.
- However, defensive woes persist: a home clean sheet has eluded them for eight consecutive fixtures now, with Paderborn conceding two or more goals in their last five Bundesliga defeats at home. As a result, both teams have found the back of the net in seven straight Bundesliga home games.
- Hoffenheim are unlikely to make an early impact, having failed to record a first-half goal in their last seven away league games. Their best efforts have been saved for after the break, where they enjoy one of the finest second-half away goal differences (+8) in the division.
- The visitors have collected points from three of six Bundesliga away games when trailing at half-time (W1, D2, L3), whilst an unbeaten W3, D2 record for Hoffenheim when level at the break suggests Paderborn will need to be in front after 45 minutes to secure victory.
- Players to watch: Dennis Srbeny has recorded Paderborn’s first and only goal in three of his four home appearances. Meanwhile, Christoph Baumgartner has either scored or been booked in three of his last four Bundesliga away matches.
- Stat attack: Six of Paderborn’s last seven Bundesliga home games have seen at least five yellow cards.
- Hoffenheim lead the league for corners taken per away game (7.42), whilst no side has conceded more corners per Bundesliga home game than Paderborn (6.46).
- Since the beginning of 2018/19, Hoffenheim have won five of 13 Bundesliga matches in which they started as an away favourite (D5, L3 – 38.46% win rate).
|Head-to-head matches: PADERBORN – HOFFENHEIM|
|01.11.19||BUN||Hoffenheim||Paderborn||3 : 0|
|21.03.15||BUN||Paderborn||Hoffenheim||0 : 0|
|25.10.14||BUN||Hoffenheim||Paderborn||1 : 0|
|09.03.08||2BUN||Hoffenheim||Paderborn||1 : 0|
|21.09.07||2BUN||Paderborn||Hoffenheim||0 : 2|