Match Preview: Brighton 2-1 Arsenal Predictions and Betting Tips, Premier League
Tips & Predictions For Today, June 20, 2020.
League: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 30
Match: 15:00 Brighton – Arsenal
Match Result: 2:1 LOST
- Brighton & Hove Albion restart their Premier League (PL) campaign looking to end a nine-game winless league run (D6, L3), seven games of which featured under 2.5 goals. That’s little surprise considering the ‘Seagulls’ have netted an average of just 1.10 goals per PL match, albeit they have scored in four consecutive H2Hs versus Arsenal (W2, D2).
- At home, 78.57% of Brighton’s home league games have witnessed under 2.5 goals, with 42.86% of those games goalless at half-time. Recently there’s been a level of predictability around the hosts too, with their last three draws here ending 1-1, and their last three competitive home losses ending 1-0.
- Arsenal’s 3-0 defeat at Manchester City ended a promising three-game PL winning run, and means five of their seven league defeats this season saw them trail at half-time. However, they have managed to turn five half-time draws into victory – which was the case in all three recent wins.
- That midweek defeat also ended a five-game run of PL draws on the road, which forms part of a joint-league high eight away stalemates this term. An average of just 1.0 goals scored per PL road trip is the main reason for those results, and that average could continue untouched here considering Arsenal have netted the exact same average across the last four PL H2Hs (at all venues).
- Players to watch: Neal Maupay has been Brighton’s first goalscorer with his last three league strikes. Meanwhile, Arsenal’s Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has netted the opener in three of the last four PL games in which he’s found the net.
- Stat attack: Brighton have conceded in both halves in just one of their 14 home league games.
- Arsenal’s total of 64 yellow cards (2.21 on average per match), and four red, are both league-highs.
- There hasn’t been a goalless first half in any of the previous seven league H2Hs.
|Head-to-head matches: BRIGHTON – ARSENAL|
|05.12.19||PL||Arsenal||Brighton||1 : 2|
|05.05.19||PL||Arsenal||Brighton||1 : 1|
|26.12.18||PL||Brighton||Arsenal||1 : 1|
|04.03.18||PL||Brighton||Arsenal||2 : 1|
|01.10.17||PL||Arsenal||Brighton||2 : 0|