Match Preview: Birmingham 1-3 Derby Predictions and Betting Tips, Championship
Tips & Predictions For Today, July 22, 2020.
League: ENGLAND: Championship – Round 46
Match: 19:30 Birmingham – Derby
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:3 WON!!!
- Birmingham City must overcome a shocking 13-game winless run in the league (D7, L6) if they are to ensure survival independently. Four of those six defeats came without reply, and only two sides have lost more games ‘to nil’ than Birmingham’s 12 this term. Those dozen blanks account for 63.16% of their defeats.
- The ‘Blues’ have shipped exactly three goals in five of their last six home league matches (D3, L3). Moreover, no side has kept fewer home clean sheets than Birmingham’s two this term (9.09%). Additionally, 44.44% of Birmingham’s defeats here have seen a 2+ goal margin.
- Visiting Derby County have lost after a level HT score in each of their last three league matches, making them winless in five. The current four-game losing run is Derby’s worst since a five-game losing streak in the 2011/12 campaign, in which the fifth defeat came by a 1-0 scoreline after having shipped two or three in the four games prior.
- Whilst the ‘Rams’ are yet to see a goalless match away from home, they have shipped the opening goal in an away league-high 16 games played on the road (72.73%). Despite having 48 points to fight for in such situations, Derby picked up just seven in that group of fixtures (W1, D4, L11).
- Players to watch: Lukas Jutkiewicz (15 league goals) scored Birmingham’s only two goals across 540 minutes of play in July.
- Young prospect Jason Knight scored Derby’s sole goal in two of their last three games, taking his senior tally up to six.
- Stat attack: Birmingham have averaged 1.64 yellow cards per home league game.
- Derby have averaged a league-low 3.45 corners per away league game.
- Seven of the last eight home H2Hs have produced over 2.5 match goals.
|Head-to-head matches: BIRMINGHAM – DERBY|
|28.09.19||CHA||Derby||Birmingham||3 : 2|
|19.04.19||CHA||Birmingham||Derby||2 : 2|
|03.11.18||CHA||Derby||Birmingham||3 : 1|
|13.01.18||CHA||Birmingham||Derby||0 : 3|
|23.09.17||CHA||Derby||Birmingham||1 : 1|