Match Preview: Juventus 2-1 Lyon Prediction and Betting Tips 07.08.2020
Tips & Predictions For Today, August 7, 2020.
League: Champions League – Play Offs – 1/8-finals
Match: 20:00 Juventus – Lyon
Tip: Home Win
Match Result: 2:1 WON!!!
- Italian champions Juventus must overturn a 1-0 first-leg deficit in order to reach the UEFA Champions League (UCL) quarter-final for a fourth time in a row. Encouragingly, they have scored 2+ goals in their last 12 competitive home victories, with seven of those being accompanied by a clean sheet.
- Goals are usually ever present in Juventus fixtures, with seven of their last nine UCL home games producing three goals precisely, and four featuring a 3-0 scoreline either way. Notably, a substantial 12 of the 23 match goals scored/conceded during those nine games arrived after the hour mark.
- Olympique Lyonnais’ penalty defeat vs PSG in the League Cup final bore some significance, as just one of their last six competitive games have now seen both teams score. Netting first could be a game decider in any case, as each of Lyon‘s last 12 UCL fixtures won/lost saw the victorious side on the day score first.
- The visitors have won just one of their last six UCL away games (D2, L3), although that sole win did come this season. Fans should expect a lively start here though, as the opener has been scored within 30 minutes in all but one of Lyon‘s last seven UCL away fixtures.
- Players to watch: Juventus’ Paulo Dybala has netted all three of his goals in this season’s competition on home soil – two arrived after the 75th minute. Meanwhile, Memphis Depay has scored five UCL goals this campaign, with the last two being Lyon’s second match goal.
- Stat attack: Juventus have scored 66.67% their UCL goals this campaign from the 61st minute onwards.
- None of Lyon’s seven UCL games this season were level at the break (HT: W3, L4).
- The last five competitive H2Hs have been settled by a one-goal margin or a draw.
|Head-to-head matches: JUVENTUS – LYON|
|26.02.20||CL||Lyon||Juventus||1 : 0|
|02.11.16||CL||Juventus||Lyon||1 : 1|
|18.10.16||CL||Lyon||Juventus||0 : 1|
|10.04.14||EL||Juventus||Lyon||2 : 1|
|03.04.14||EL||Lyon||Juventus||0 : 1|