Match Preview: Shakhtar Donetsk 4-1 Basel Prediction and Betting Tips 11.08.2020
Tips & Predictions For Today, August 11, 2020.
League: Europa League – Play Offs – Quarter-finals
Match: 20:00 Shakhtar Donetsk – Basel
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 4:1 WON!!!
- Shakhtar Donetsk maintained their unbeaten post-lockdown run in competitive games with a 3-0 victory in their last UEFA Europa League fixture (W8, D2), with the Ukranians bagging 2+ goals in all but two games during that run. Each of Donetsk’s ten UEFA-sanctioned matches this term have now witnessed over 2.5 goals, whilst seven saw both teams score.
- Often feisty affairs, there have been five red cards shown across Donetsk’s last seven European outings, three of which were shown to the hosts. Despite that, each of the three European games in which Shakhtar saw red this season still witnessed their opposition on the day receive more yellow cards.
- Though Basel have drawn four of their last six competitive games (W2, D4), a 1-0 victory over Frankfurt saw them progress into this quarter-final. Despite that result, nine of Basel’s 14 European matches this season have actually witnessed over 2.5 goals, though none of the last six saw both teams score (W5, L1).
- Basel are winless in three competitive H2Hs (D1, L2) and were behind at HT in the only two such games this century. However, they’ve recently thrived as betting outsiders, winning three of the last four such away games in Europe, keeping a clean sheet in each victory, whilst none saw both teams score (W3, L1).
- Players to watch: Júnior Moraes has scored five of Shakhtar’s 18 European goals this season, including the opener in their last two European games.
- Fabian Frei has scored in five European matches for Basel this term, three of which ended in a 1-0 victory for the Swiss outfit.
- Stat attack: Shakhtar have avoided defeat in three of the last four European games in which they conceded the opener (W1, D2, L1).
- Shakhtar are unbeaten in eight of 11 prior H2Hs vs Swiss opposition (W7, D1, L3).
- Basel are currently defending a 281 minute run without conceding.
|Head-to-head matches: SHAKHTAR DONETSK – BASEL|
|09.07.15||CF||Basel||Shakhtar Donetsk||1 : 3|
|26.06.10||CF||Basel||Shakhtar Donetsk||1 : 0|
|08.07.09||UC||Basel||Shakhtar Donetsk||0 : 3|
|26.11.08||CL||Shakhtar Donetsk||Basel||5 : 0|
|16.09.08||CL||Basel||Shakhtar Donetsk||1 : 2|