Match Preview: Lyon 4-1 Dijon Prediction and Betting Tips 28.08.2020
Tips & Predictions For Today, August 28, 2020.
League: FRANCE: Ligue 1 – Round 2
Match: 20:00 Lyon – Dijon
Tip: Home Win
Match Result: 4:1 WON!!!
- After matching their finest UEFA Champions League (UCL) campaign of all time, Olympique Lyonnais’ pursuit of an eighth Ligue 1 (L1) title will commence at home, where they lamented a below average 45.45% win rate as a favourite last season (W5, D3, L3). Yet to lose their opening home game of a new L1 season since the turn of the century (W14, D6), a positive beginning is, however, anticipated.
- Lyon were fairly sluggish starters at home last season, opening the scoring in just two of their first five home games of that L1 campaign (W1, D2, L2). But after doing so in three of their final four (at all venues), as well as two of their three UCL encounters in August, they take some sharp improvement into this contest.
- Dijon finished last L1 season as one of six clubs to have conceded the opening goal at least ten times away from home, albeit half were registered after HT. However as a result of keeping their hosts on the day scoreless at HT on six occasions, just four of their ten L1 away defeats last season saw them trail at the break.
- They finished the L1 campaign as one of just three clubs to average fewer than one goal per game – an average that dropped to just 0.5 on the road. After winning the corner count just once away last league season (average 2.93 per game), they’re not expected to keep Lyon’s defence particularly busy here.
- Players to watch: Moussa Dembélé scored in an impressive 13 L1 fixtures last season, opening the scoring for Lyon in six.
- After recording Dijon’s opening goal twice in pre-season, striker Aurélien Scheidler is searching for his maiden L1 goal.
- Hot stat: Lyon have not conceded in their first home match of a new L1 season since 2012/13, scoring 20 unanswered goals.
|Head-to-head matches: LYON – DIJON|
|19.10.19||L1||Lyon||Dijon||0 : 0|
|06.04.19||L1||Lyon||Dijon||1 : 3|
|26.09.18||L1||Dijon||Lyon||0 : 3|
|20.04.18||L1||Dijon||Lyon||2 : 5|
|23.09.17||L1||Lyon||Dijon||3 : 3|