Match Preview: Metz 0-1 Monaco Prediction and Betting Tips 30.08.2020
Tips & Predictions For Today, August 30, 2020.
League: FRANCE: Ligue 1 – Round 2
Match: 14:00 Metz – Monaco
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:1 LOST
- Metz ended last season’s Ligue 1 (L1) campaign on a two-game winning streak, after scoring the opener in the first 30 minutes on both occasions. The hosts have every right to believe they can continue where they left off, especially after winning three of their home league openers across the last four seasons (L1/L2).
- Intriguingly, they defeated Monaco 3-0 in their first L1 home fixture of last season, whilst the last three competitive H2Hs have seen the victorious side on the day score precisely three goals. Scoring first could be a game decider too, as each of the last five competitive H2Hs at the Stade Saint-Symphorien saw just one side hit the net.
- Monaco’s 2-2 home draw in their opening league fixture made it four consecutive winless games in L1 (D3, L1), although each of those matches did see both teams score. There could be goals here too, as Monaco’s last three away league opening games all featured over 2.5 match goals.
- Goals were a common theme in Monaco’s matches last L1 season, with 19 of their 28 L1 fixtures producing over 2.5 match goals (12 over 3.5). A good start could be on the cards as well, considering Monaco scored more goals in the opening 15 minutes on the road last L1 campaign (GF: 6, GA: 3) than any other side.
- Players to watch: Habib Diallo (MTZ) netted the opener in eight of the 11 league games in which he scored last term. Meanwhile, Monaco striker Wissam Ben Yedder scored eight of his 18 league goals last season inside the opening half hour.
- Hot streak: Going back to 2003/04, each of the last 15 L1 H2Hs saw at least one side fail to score before HT.
|Head-to-head matches: METZ – MONACO|
|17.08.19||L1||Metz||Monaco||3 : 0|
|22.01.19||CDF||Monaco||Metz||1 : 3|
|21.01.18||L1||Monaco||Metz||3 : 1|
|18.08.17||L1||Metz||Monaco||0 : 1|
|11.02.17||L1||Monaco||Metz||5 : 0|