Match Preview: Azerbaijan 1-2 Luxembourg Prediction and Betting Tips 05.09.2020
Tips & Predictions For Today, September 5, 2020.
League: UEFA Nations League – League C – Round 1
Match: 17:00 Azerbaijan – Luxembourg
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:2 WON!!!
- Despite going winless in their last nine competitive matches (D1, L8), Azerbaijan secured UEFA Nations League (UNL) promotion in the previous campaign after losing just one of their six games (W2, D3, L1). Notably, 50% of those UNL fixtures saw the opening strike arrive before the 20th minute. Considering that, and the fact the HT result was replicated at FT in five of Azerbaijan’s six UNL games, as well as six of their last eight competitive matches, another quick start beckons here.
- However Azerbaijan’s recent competitive home form is a concern (W1, D3, L4), although their only win during that sequence came in the UNL. Early goals remain a theme, as five of those eight games witnessed the opener netted before the 20th minute.
- Luxembourg got promoted after losing to only Belarus in the last UNL campaign (W3, D1, L2), whilst each of their five win/loss results saw just one side score. Furthermore, 13 of Luxembourg’s last 17 win/loss results have also seen just one team hit the net. Regardless, HT results could hold the key as each of Luxembourg’s six previous UNL matches saw the same result at both HT and FT.
- The visitors, however, have struggled on the road and are winless in eight away matches (D2, L6), including five straight losses. Five of those six losses saw Luxembourg fail to score, although four were by a single-goal margin. Three of those losses also saw a 1-0 scoreline with the winning goal struck before HT.
- Players to watch: Mahir Emreli has been Azerbaijan’s last scorer with three of his four international strikes – two arriving beyond HT.
- Stefano Bensi has scored four of his five international goals in or beyond the 70th minute, including one against Azerbaijan.
- Hot stat: Azerbaijan are unbeaten in the three previous H2Hs (W1, D2), with all three witnessing the same result at both HT and FT.
|Head-to-head matches: AZERBAIJAN – LUXEMBOURG|
|07.06.13||WC||Azerbaijan||Luxembourg||1 : 1|
|22.03.13||WC||Luxembourg||Azerbaijan||0 : 0|
|03.03.10||FI||Luxembourg||Azerbaijan||1 : 2|