Match Preview: Hungary 2-3 Russia Prediction and Betting Tips 06.09.2020
Tips & Predictions For Today, September 6, 2020.
League: UEFA Nations League – League B – Round 2
Match: 17:00 Hungary – Russia
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:3 WON!!!
- Hungary defied their underdog status on opening day to win 1-0 in Turkey, but are chalked up as outsiders yet again here. They aren’t without a chance though after winning three of their last six such games (L3). Yet to be beaten at home in the UEFA Nations League (UNL), Hungary scored in the opening 30 minutes of all three such games (W3) – albeit Russia are the highest-ranking side to visit in this competition to date (#38).
- This game should go one way or the other as Marco Rossi is yet to see a goalless game, and only one draw, across his 17 games in charge of Hungary (W8, D1, L8). Interestingly, six of his eight defeats came away, and his home record stands at a respectable W6, L2. However both home defeats came at both HT/FT and ended 2-1 – each against higher-ranked nations.
- Russia carried on their amazing form into the restart with victory over Serbia, and have now won nine of their last ten games whilst scoring 3.5 goals per fixture on average across that period. Moreover, Russia have won the last ten games in which they started as favourites, eight of which saw a clean sheet.
- Stanislav Chechesov has averaged 1.6 points per game as Russia manager since his 2016 appointment (W20, D7, L15) and boasts a perfect record (W4) vs sides currently ranked within ten places of Hungary (#52). Notably, each victory saw at least two Russian goals (3.5 per match on average).
- Players to watch: Hungary’s Ádám Szalai has scored four goals across his last four UNL appearances, three of which came beyond HT.
- With a second-half brace last time out, Artem Dzyuba has now scored three of Russia’s seven overall UNL goals, though none were match openers.
- Hot streak: Russia have won every game vs UEFA-based nations currently ranked below themselves since a 2-1 defeat to the Czech Republic in 2016 (W10).
|Head-to-head matches: HUNGARY – RUSSIA|
|05.06.17||FI||Hungary||Russia||0 : 3|
|18.11.14||FI||Hungary||Russia||1 : 2|
|03.03.10||FI||Hungary||Russia||1 : 1|
|08.09.93||WC||Hungary||Russia||1 : 3|
|28.04.93||WC||Russia||Hungary||3 : 0|