Match Preview: Coventry 3-2 QPR Prediction and Betting Tips 18.09.2020
Tips & Predictions For Today, September 18, 2020.
League: ENGLAND: Championship – Round 2
Match: 19:45 Coventry – QPR
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 3:2 WON!!!
- Coventry City’s 2-1 Championship defeat to Bristol City (September 12) was their third consecutive league match to be decided via a one-goal margin (W2, L1), ending a 19-game unbeaten run in competitive fixtures (W13, D6 – outcomes at 90 minutes). Interestingly, none of their last eight league fixtures featured a goal between the 35th minute and HT.
- The ‘Sky Blues’ haven’t lost a competitive home game since October 2019 and are now unbeaten in 14 competitive fixtures (W8, D6) as hosts, albeit playing in League One last term. Although there has been no competitive H2H meeting since 2011, it’s worth noting that Coventry boss Mark Robins has never won against Queens Park Rangers as a manager (D1, L5).
- QPR jointly top the early Championship table after beating Nottingham Forest 2-0 (Sep 12), a fourth straight competitive match in which they netted at least twice (W2, D1, L1). That was also their first Championship game in 13 to feature a goalless first half (HT: W2, D4, L7).
- Goal-shy on the road, QPR are winless in three league away fixtures (D2, L1) and they have netted more than once in only one of their last five such matches. In fact, only Preston North End scored a smaller percentage of their goals away from home than QPR’s 37.31% in the league last term.
- Players to watch: Matt Godden has netted Coventry’s opener in his last four goalscoring league games including against Bristol City. His last three Championship strikes all came before the 35th minute.
- Four of Ilias Chair’s last five league goals for QPR have come on or after the 75th minute with three of those on or after the 90th minute, including one against Forest.
- Hot stat: Across the first round of Championship matches, goals were split evenly between both halves (last term saw a 43.38%/56.62% split between the first and second halves.)
|Head-to-head matches: COVENTRY – QPR|
|23.01.11||CHA||QPR||Coventry||2 : 1|
|28.12.10||CHA||Coventry||QPR||0 : 2|
|13.02.10||CHA||Coventry||QPR||1 : 0|
|28.11.09||CHA||QPR||Coventry||2 : 2|
|10.01.09||CHA||QPR||Coventry||1 : 1|