Match Preview: AZ Alkmaar 1-1 Zwolle Prediction and Betting Tips 19.09.2020
Tips & Predictions For Today, September 19, 2020.
League: NETHERLANDS: Eredivisie – Round 2
Match: 15:30 AZ Alkmaar – Zwolle
Tip: Home Win
Match Result: 1:1 LOST
- After crashing out of the Champions League qualifiers, AZ Alkmaar now begin their Eredivisie campaign. At the time of the division’s closing last season, they sat behind league leaders Ajax on goal difference only, and defensively they were the best in the league (0.68 goals conceded per match on average) finishing the season with three straight multi-goal wins ‘to nil’.
- Zwolle might be perfect opponents to start the new campaign as AZ are unbeaten in 11 competitive H2Hs (W7, D4), keeping a clean sheet in five of the last six and winning by a 2+ goal margin on four of those occasions. Additionally at home, AZ have won nine of the last 11 H2Hs (D2) – the last seven of those all featured at least two second-half goals.
- A home defeat to Feyenoord marked the start of Zwolle’s new Eredivisie season, and was the third of their last four league matches to feature under 2.5 goals. However their total goal average of 3.54 per league fixture last season was the division’s second highest, whilst no team could match their 14 (53.85%) league games that featured at least four goals.
- Away from home, Zwolle were unimpressive last season (W2, D3, L9), scoring just 0.64 goals per Eredivisie match on average (compared to 2.33 at home) and ended the season winless in their final five road trips (D3, L2) – the last four of which all finished with under 2.5 goals.
- Players to watch: Oussama Idrissi (AZ) has four goals across his last four matches against Zwolle – three were struck in the first half. Meanwhile, Reza Ghoochannejhad led Zwolle’s goalscoring charts last term, with all seven of his league goals coming in the second half.
- Hot streak: AZ have not conceded before HT in any of their last eight Eredivisie home matches.
|Head-to-head matches: AZ ALKMAAR – ZWOLLE|
|05.08.20||CF||AZ Alkmaar||Zwolle||0 : 1|
|23.02.20||ERE||AZ Alkmaar||Zwolle||2 : 0|
|07.12.19||ERE||Zwolle||AZ Alkmaar||0 : 3|
|10.03.19||ERE||Zwolle||AZ Alkmaar||0 : 0|
|18.12.18||KNV||AZ Alkmaar||Zwolle||5 : 0|