Match Preview: Bristol City 2-0 Sheffield Wed Prediction and Betting Tips 27.09.2020
Tips & Predictions For Today, September 27, 2020.
League: ENGLAND: Championship – Round 3
Match: 14:00 Bristol City – Sheffield Wed
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:0 WON!!!
- Bristol City are one of just three teams to have started the Championship season with maximum points after two games, with both clashes seeing a goal in the opening five or last five minutes. In both they also scored after the 80th minute, but last Championship season they conceded the second highest number of goals during this period.
- Since returning in June following the forced break, five of the six home league matches involving the ‘Robins’ saw both teams score. Their 82nd minute winner in their last home league battle was also Bristol’s first home league goal after 80 minutes since January, so it’s maybe no shock that they didn’t lose a Championship home encounter last season when leading at HT (W6, D2).
- Sheffield Wednesday have already taken four points out of the negative 12-point tally they started with (W1, D1), and consecutive clean sheets is a big reason why. They already have as many draws in two games as they achieved in their opening 11 league contests of last season, but only two of their last six league fixtures saw both teams score (W2, D2, L2).
- Returning to Ashton Gate should hold no fear for Wednesday considering they’ve won their last two meetings here. However, in 2019/20 they failed to win 78.57% of their away league contests when starting as an underdog (W3, D3, L8), but interestingly, they had the second-best first-half away record in the league (W9, D7, L7).
- Players to watch: Andreas Weimann scored Bristol’s second goal at Stoke, but is winless in six career H2H appearances versus Sheffield Wednesday (D1, L5).
- Sheff Wed captain Barry Bannan has scored more career goals against Bristol than any other team (three), whilst losing only one of nine meetings (W5, D3).
- Hot stat: Sheff Wed broke a club record set in 1981 when keeping four clean sheets in their first four games of the season in all competitions.
|Head-to-head matches: BRISTOL CITY – SHEFFIELD WED|
|28.06.20||CHA||Bristol City||Sheffield Wed||1 : 2|
|22.12.19||CHA||Sheffield Wed||Bristol City||1 : 0|
|22.04.19||CHA||Sheffield Wed||Bristol City||2 : 0|
|07.10.18||CHA||Bristol City||Sheffield Wed||1 : 2|
|03.03.18||CHA||Bristol City||Sheffield Wed||4 : 0|
Match Preview: Londrina - CSA Predictions and Betting Tips 02.07.2022
Match Preview: Gold Coast Utd 0-1 Logan Lightning Predictions and Betting Tips 01.07.2022
Match Preview: Switzerland W 0-4 England W Predictions and Betting Tips 30.06.2022
Match Preview: SK Gjovik-Lyn 0-7 Stabaek Predictions and Betting Tips 29.06.2022