Match Preview: Celta Vigo 0-3 Barcelona and Betting Tips 01.10.2020
Tips & Predictions For Today, October 1, 2020.
League: SPAIN: LaLiga – Round 4
Match: 20:30 Celta Vigo – Barcelona
Tip: Away Win
Match Result: 0:3 WON!!!
- Celta Vigo’s 2-1 win over Valencia snapped a preceding eight-game winless La Liga (LL) run (D5, L3), within which all defeats had seen Celta lose the second half by a one-goal margin. The win over Valencia also means that Celta have now taken 13 points from the last available 15 when leading at home at HT in league action (W4, D1).
- On that note, a HT lead has eluded Celta in each of the last nine competitive H2Hs (HT: D4, L5), but even then, their record after level HT scores therein is respectable (W1, D3). Furthermore, a significant nine (69.23%) of Celta’s last 13 home league H2Hs vs Barcelona have seen ‘O Celtiña’ keep a first-half clean sheet.
- Since the start of February, Barcelona have lost only once in eight LL away games, and recorded a 62.5% win rate (W5, D2, L1). Across the six games in that sequence to see them score at all, Barcelona consistently scored their first goal inside the opening 25 minutes.
- In addition, a 60% majority (three) of Barcelona’s last five LL away wins have seen them score inside the opening ten minutes, with a total first-half goals average of 3.33 per match across those three victories in question (GF 7, GA 3). All of Barcelona’s goals conceded therein came inside the first 30 minutes of play.
- Players to watch: Celta hero Iago Aspas has seven prior LL goals against Barcelona, with six coming during matches producing over 3.5 total goals. His last two league goals vs Barcelona have arrived in precisely the 88th minute via a set-piece.
- Barcelona’s Lionel Messi averaged 2.5 goal contributions across last season’s H2Hs (three goals, two assists). Eleven of his prior 13 goals vs Celta have come before the hour mark.
- Hot stat: Going back to March 1998, Celta’s last 17 home league H2Hs vs Barcelona have seen them consistently restrict the Catalan club to under 1.5 first-half goals.
|Head-to-head matches: CELTA VIGO – BARCELONA|
|27.06.20||LL||Celta Vigo||Barcelona||2 : 2|
|09.11.19||LL||Barcelona||Celta Vigo||4 : 1|
|04.05.19||LL||Celta Vigo||Barcelona||2 : 0|
|22.12.18||LL||Barcelona||Celta Vigo||2 : 0|
|17.04.18||LL||Celta Vigo||Barcelona||2 : 2|