Match Preview: Montpellier 0-1 Nimes Predictions and Betting Tips 04.10.2020
Tips & Predictions For Today, October 4, 2020.
League: FRANCE: Ligue 1 – Round 6
Match: 12:00 Montpellier – Nimes
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:1 LOST
- Montpellier are enjoying their best start to a new league season (W3, D1, L1) since their title-winning 2011/12 campaign! A 2-2 draw at Dijon in their last league outing continued a recent trend too, as their previous five Ligue 1 (L1) games have now all seen over 2.5 goals. A substantial 12 of the 19 match goals during that period arrived after HT.
- However, the last time they won their opening three L1 home games (back in 2011/12), they lost the fourth (3-0 vs PSG). The hosts will be keen for a good start considering they took a one-goal margin lead at HT in each of those three home wins, while scoring first in the opening 20 minutes on two occasions.
- Taking just one win from their opening five top-flight fixtures (W1, D2, L2), Nîmes often start on the back foot. This is evidenced by the fact that 71.43% of the L1 goals they’ve conceded this season have arrived before half-time. As a result, they have been behind at the break in three of their five L1 fixtures this term (HT: W1, D1, L3).
- Fans should expect a lively start here, as the opener has been netted before the 15th minute in all but one of the visitors’ last six league road trips. Notably, four of Nîmes’ last six L1 away wins have been sufficient to beat at least a -1 handicap.
- Players to watch: Gaëtan Laborde has been Montpellier’s first goalscorer in four of his last six goalscoring league games. Meanwhile, Zinedine Ferhat (NIM) has scored three L1 goals so far this campaign, all of which were netted after HT.
- Hot streak: Each of the last six competitive H2Hs held here have seen the half-time result mirror the final points distribution.
|Head-to-head matches: MONTPELLIER – NIMES|
|25.09.19||L1||Montpellier||Nimes||1 : 0|
|03.02.19||L1||Nimes||Montpellier||1 : 1|
|30.09.18||L1||Montpellier||Nimes||3 : 0|
|10.04.09||L2||Nimes||Montpellier||2 : 1|
|31.10.08||L2||Montpellier||Nimes||1 : 1|