Match Preview: Faroe Islands 1-1 Latvia Predictions and Betting Tips 10.10.2020
Tips & Predictions For Today, October 10, 2020.
League: UEFA Nations League – League D – Round 3
Match: 17:00 Faroe Islands – Latvia
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:1 WON!!!
- Consecutive one-goal margin UEFA Nations League (UNL) victories in September have placed the Faroe Islands well within reach of promotion to League C. The two wins took their record to a commanding: W5, D2, L1, in all competitions against current League D nations since the beginning of 2018, improving even further to three one-goal wins from three contests at home, whilst they have won their last three games as a favourite at any venue.
- The Faroe Islands have scored in all eight of those contests, as well as in all but one of their last four UNL games at home, suggesting they’re well placed to challenge the Latvian defence. Furthermore, they opened the scoring in each of the aforementioned five wins and two draws in all competitions against League D nations.
- One of those draws, notably, was to Latvia in a March 2018 friendly played in Spain. That result forms part of a lengthy winless run outside of Latvia for the ‘11 vilki’, with seven draws and 14 defeats either away or on neutral territory since winning in Andorra in September 2016.
- Since the beginning of 2018, Latvia have not defeated any current League D nations in any competition at any venue (D4, L1). Notably, all five of those contests – as well as all but one of their last eight UNL matches – have produced two or fewer goals, with the Latvians finding the back of the net in only three.
- Players to watch: Klæmint Olsen was the opening goalscorer in each of the Faroes’ two UNL wins last month. Since then, he has recorded five goals in three of four appearances in their national club competition.
- Latvian midfielder Jānis Ikaunieks is looking to convert four goals from his last seven domestic league appearances into his first international goal since June 2018.
- Hot stat: Excluding own goals, Latvia’s last ten opening goals have been shared amongst ten different players.
|Head-to-head matches: FAROE ISLANDS – LATVIA|
|22.03.18||FI||Faroe Islands||Latvia||1 : 1|
|07.10.17||WC||Faroe Islands||Latvia||0 : 0|
|07.10.16||WC||Latvia||Faroe Islands||0 : 2|