Match Preview: Barcelona 5-1 Ferencvaros Predictions and Betting Tips 20.10.2020
Tips & Predictions For Today, October 20, 2020.
League: Champions League – Group Stage – Round 1
Match: 20:00 Barcelona – Ferencvaros
Tip: HT/FT – 1/1
Match Result: 5:1(2:0) WON!!!
- Barcelona suffered their first defeat of the season after a lacklustre display versus Getafe, but enter this match as huge favourites against Ferencváros. That seems justified considering they are unbeaten in their last 36 UEFA Champions League (UCL) home games (W32, D4), winning despite a -1 handicap in 81.25% of their victories during that time.
- The Spanish giants will hope that the Getafe defeat is just an early season blip, but it did mark their only game this season from four in which the opener wasn’t netted by the 15th minute. An early goal could be on the cards here too, as seven of Barcelona’s last eight UCL fixtures witnessed the opener netted by the 30th minute, and their last two featured over 3.5 first-half goals!
- Ferencváros have already played five UCL games to get to this stage (W3, D2), with three featuring an opening goal scored by Ferencváros’ within the first ten minutes. Yet whilst the 31-time Hungarian champions travel here on a 12-game unbeaten run in all competitions, this is Ferencváros’ first appearance at this tournament’s group stage since 1995/96 when they won just once (W1, D2, L3).
- The visitors are in good scoring form though, netting 2+ goals in five straight away games, albeit they experienced problems after HT, with all six goals they conceded during that time coming during the second half.
- Players to watch: With 115 UCL goals, but 15 behind Cristiano Ronaldo, this fixture provides Barcelona’s Lionel Messi with an opportunity to catch up. However the only previous time he faced Hungarian opposition was in his Argentina debut (vs Hungary in 2005) where he got sent off 43 seconds after coming on!
- Isael has scored three goals across Ferencváros’ last two games, netting his side’s first strike each time.
- Hot stat: Barcelona have been leading at HT in ten of their last 12 UCL home fixtures.