Match Preview: Ajax 0-1 Liverpool Predictions and Betting Tips 21.10.2020
Tips & Predictions For Today, October 21, 2020.
League: Champions League – Group Stage – Round 1
Match: 20:00 Ajax – Liverpool
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:1 LOST
- Ajax were eliminated from the 2019/20 UEFA Champions League (UCL) group stage despite attaining ten points (W3, D1, L2). They offered plenty of entertainment, with 3.0 total goals on average per group stage match. Meanwhile, their famous run to the semi-final of 2018/19 saw them go unbeaten in the group stage (W3, D3), with goals also flowing (2.67 on average).
- Though there is the rich promise of goals, both teams have scored in just one of Ajax’s last eight UCL group stage home matches. Across those eight matches (W4, D1, L3) Ajax conceded two goals or more on just two occasions, and there was a solid late bias, as a 57.14% majority of the total goals were struck from minute 60 onwards.
- With Liverpool conceding nine goals across their last two matches – and conceding 2+ in four of their last seven competitive fixtures – the prospect of a high-scorer is underlined yet further, especially in view of the long-term absence of one of the world’s best defenders in Virgil van Dijk. Four of Liverpool’s five Premier League fixtures played so far have featured over 3.5 goals, while their six UCL group stage matches last season averaged exactly 3.5 total goals.
- Away from home, Liverpool have won just four of their last ten in all competitions (W4, D3, L3 – 90 minutes only), conceding 2.0 goals on average, and with seven of the ten featuring both teams scoring. Averaging 4.1 total goals across those, a majority (56.10%) of the strikes arrived in the first half.
- Players to watch: Dušan Tadić is on penalties for Ajax, and has three goals across five competitive matches this season – all struck within the first 30 minutes of a match.
- Liverpool’s Mohamed Salah has scored in four of the Reds’ last seven European away matches, and has three from their last two matches overall.
- Hot stat: Liverpool goalkeeper Allison remains sidelined. In 36 UCL matches under Jürgen Klopp, Liverpool have conceded an average of 1.50 goals without the Brazilian between the posts, against 0.89 when he’s been there (includes qualifiers and extra-time).
|Head-to-head matches: AJAX – LIVERPOOL|
|01.08.03||LGA||Ajax||Liverpool||0 : 0|
|28.07.01||LGA||Ajax||Liverpool||3 : 1|
Match Preview: Rahmatgonj MFS - Muktijoddha Sangsad Predictions and Betting Tips 04.07.2022
Match Preview: Kalju 3-1 Kuressaare Predictions and Betting Tips 03.07.2022
Match Preview: Londrina 0-0 CSA Predictions and Betting Tips 02.07.2022
Match Preview: Gold Coast Utd 0-1 Logan Lightning Predictions and Betting Tips 01.07.2022