Match Preview: Lech Poznan 2-4 Benfica Predictions and Betting Tips 22.10.2020
Tips & Predictions For Today, October 22, 2020.
League: Europa League – Group Stage – Round 1
Match: 17:55 Lech Poznan – Benfica
Tip: Away Win
Match Result: 2:4 WON!!!
- Lech Poznań are unbeaten in 81.82% of their competitive matches this season (W7, D2, L2) as they get ready for UEFA Europa League (UEL) group stage action for the first time since 2015/16. That includes four straight wins in the UEL qualifiers while keeping three clean sheets. Slow starts have been a theme though, as ten of Poznań’s 13 UEL qualifying goals arrived after HT, with five scored beyond the 80th minute.
- Along the same lines, five of Poznań’s last six UEL group stage games (W1, D2, L3) were goalless at HT whilst also producing under 2.5 goals at FT. Much like their current form, Poznań have conceded three of their last six UEL group stage ‘goals against’ beyond the 80th minute.
- This first ever H2H will mark Benfica’s first return to UEL group stage action since 2009/10, with each of their last 40 games in the competition coming during the knockouts (after dropping out of the UCL). The visitors have warmed up with four straight competitive wins, each time scoring 2+ goals and netting in both halves.
- First-half clean sheets have been a pattern in this competition for Benfica, with the Portuguese outfit registering five across their last six group games (W5, L1) going on to keep three FT clean sheets. Each of those five wins saw Benfica score 2+ goals, while four games saw them draw at least one half. That has been the case in Benfica’s last three UEL group stage away matches too (W2, L1), with each witnessing a goalless half.
- Players to watch: Mikael Ishak has three second-half UEL qualification goals, each time giving or extending Poznań’s lead. Meanwhile, Pizzi has scored in each of his last four European games, three times as Benfica’s first scorer.
- Hot stat: Poznań have failed to score in their last three games against Portuguese clubs (D2, L1), whilst Benfica are unbeaten against Polish sides (W2, D2) keeping two clean sheets.