Match Preview: Nottingham 1-1 Derby Predictions and Betting Tips 23.10.2020
Tips & Predictions For Today, October 23, 2020.
League: ENGLAND: Championship – Round 7
Match: 19:45 Nottingham – Derby
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:1 WON!!!
- Unbeaten since Chris Hughton’s appointment two matchdays ago (W1, D1), Nottingham Forest are unbeaten in six consecutive H2Hs in all competitions (W3, D3) and have scored first in four straight meetings. Undefeated in seven previous career H2Hs himself, Hughton witnessed his then-team score a first-half opener within the last two (W3, D4).
- Forest have, however, won just two of their last ten home league matches (D3, L5) and conceded the opener in the previous six, within which, the ‘Reds’ have leaked over double the number of goals than they’ve scored (GD 5:12). However Hughton has at least won his last two home Championship career matches on matchday seven, each by a one-goal margin.
- Derby County’s Philip Cocu has to break a two-game losing streak ‘to nil’ to get the ‘Rams’ their second win of the season in all competitions (90-mins: D1, L6). Five of their last six such matches have ended via a one-goal margin, and Derby have scored first in just one league match this season, whilst failing to net first for eight straight H2Hs!
- However, having won five of their last nine Championship awaydays (L4) they could cause an upset here, especially as Derby netted over 2.5 team goals in three of those trips and followed up an away loss with an away win on four occasions this calendar year. Although that said, Cocu has seen his team lose ‘to nil’ in his last two trips to the City Ground.
- Players to watch: Forest’s Lewis Grabban has won just one career match versus Derby but scored a second-half winner in the last H2H held here.
- Tom Lawrence is back from injury and will be needed here in a much depleted Derby team. Lawrence has one career H2H win himself, but three H2H yellow cards.
- Hot stat: It’s the East Midland Derby and the last six meetings alone have spawned a total 31 yellow cards and two dismissals.
|Head-to-head matches: NOTTINGHAM – DERBY|
|04.07.20||CHA||Derby||Nottingham||1 : 1|
|09.11.19||CHA||Nottingham||Derby||1 : 0|
|27.08.19||EFL||Nottingham||Derby||3 : 0|
|25.02.19||CHA||Nottingham||Derby||1 : 0|
|17.12.18||CHA||Derby||Nottingham||0 : 0|