Match Preview: Antwerp 1-0 Tottenham Predictions and Betting Tips 29.10.2020
Tips & Predictions For Today, October 29, 2020.
League: Europa League – Group Stage – Round 2
Match: 18:55 Antwerp – Tottenham
Tip: Away Win
Match Result: 1:0 LOST
- Antwerp started their UEFA Europa League (UEL) campaign with a win, but they boast an indifferent record vs English sides in European competition. They won both legs against Aston Villa in the first round of the 1975/76 UEFA Cup, but lost both matches against Newcastle United in the same competition 19 years later. They’ve also lost three of their previous five home fixtures in European competition (W2).
- The Belgian side’s recent form is good though, and they’re currently undefeated across seven competitive matches – winning each of the previous five. Interestingly, they haven’t been making things easy for themselves, conceding the opening goal in five of those seven matches. Additionally, five of those fixtures also saw at least one goal arrive in the opening ten minutes.
- Tottenham Hotspur also started their UEL group stage with a win, although they’ve yet to record a European away victory in Belgium (D2, L3). They do boast a decent away record in the competition’s group stage though, losing only three of their 15 away fixtures (W6, D6). Although they have just two wins from their previous five UEL away matches (D1, L2 – including qualifiers), with six of the seven goals they conceded during that sequence arriving after HT.
- Spurs have been free-flowing in front of goal recently, scoring 3+ goals in four of their previous five competitive matches. They have struggled to keep them out though, managing just two clean sheets across their previous 12 matches – albeit both clean sheets arrived in their previous two fixtures.
- Players to watch: Antwerp’s Lior Refaelov has three goals across his previous five competitive matches. Two of those efforts arrived in or after the 70th minute.
- Tottenham’s Lucas Moura has two goals from his previous two UEL matches, with both arriving before the 25th minute.
- Hot stat: Spurs manager José Mourinho is unbeaten in his previous 15 UEL fixtures (W12, D3).
Match Preview: Dinamo Minsk - Decic Predictions and Betting Tips 07.07.2022
Match Preview: Bodo/Glimt 3-0 Klaksvik Predictions and Betting Tips 06.07.2022
Match Preview: St Josephs 0-0 Larne Predictions and Betting Tips 05.07.2022
Match Preview: Rahmatgonj MFS 7-1 Muktijoddha Sangsad Predictions and Betting Tips 04.07.2022