Match Preview: St Etienne 0-1 Montpellier Predictions and Betting Tips 01.11.2020
Tips & Predictions For Today, November 1, 2020.
League: FRANCE: Ligue 1 – Round 9
Match: 13:00 St Etienne – Montpellier
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:1 LOST
- All eyes will be on St Étienne as they attempt to avoid a fifth consecutive defeat in Ligue 1 (L1), and therefore their worst losing streak in the top-flight since November 2008! Matches haven’t been tight this campaign though, with all seven L1 games to see a winner being settled by at least a two-goal margin and witnessing the victorious side on the day net first.
- The hosts do have a great H2H record to fall back on though, which has seen them lose just four of the last 28 top-flight meetings at Stade Geoffroy-Guichard (W19, D5). A good start could help keep that run going too, considering St Étienne have won ten of the last 12 L1 home games in which they were leading at HT (D1, L1).
- Visitors Montpellier have their own troubles to address, and enter this match on a four-game winless L1 run (D2, L2), with the three goals they scored during that period arriving in or after the 50th minute. They will have to be more careful in defence if they want to end that unfortunate streak, as Montpellier have received three red cards and conceded three penalties across their last two L1 fixtures.
- On the road, ’Le MHSC’ have developed a habit of conceding first, doing so in 13 of their last 17 away league fixtures, returning a record of W1, D3, L9 thereafter. They may well do that again here considering Montpellier have failed to score before HT in all but one of their last 14 L1 road trips.
- Players to watch: Romain Hamouma (STE) has netted the opener in his two goalscoring L1 games this term. Meanwhile, Andy Delort (MPL) has scored his three league goals in the 31’- 60’ minute period.
- Hot streak: None of the last 22 L1 H2Hs have witnessed both teams score before HT.
|Head-to-head matches: ST ETIENNE – MONTPELLIER|
|09.02.20||L1||Montpellier||St Etienne||1 : 0|
|24.11.19||L1||St Etienne||Montpellier||0 : 0|
|18.07.19||CF||Montpellier||St Etienne||2 : 4|
|10.05.19||L1||St Etienne||Montpellier||0 : 1|
|25.08.18||L1||Montpellier||St Etienne||0 : 0|