Match Preview: Cagliari 2-0 Sampdoria Predictions and Betting Tips 07.11.2020
Tips & Predictions For Today, November 7, 2020.
League: ITALY: Serie A – Round 7
Match: 15:00 Cagliari – Sampdoria
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:0 WON!!!
- A 3-2 loss at Bologna halted a three-games winning streak for Cagliari in all competitions. Good for entertainment value, each of Cagliari’s previous four Serie A (SA) matches saw over 4.5 match goals (W2, L2), with the ’Rossoblù’ conceding 2+ in the last five league outings. Additionally, five of their six SA matches have featured goals at both ends.
- Cagliari have also conceded exactly twice in both league home matches (W1, L1), with three of those four goals arriving before the break. However, two of the last three SA matches here have seen the hosts leading at HT, which has been a case in four of their previous five SA home wins.
- Sampdoria have started the new season significantly better (W3, D1, L2) than last season, when they had to wait until the 13th round to accumulate 10+ points. Quick starters, Sampdoria have scored the opener in each of their previous five league outings, leading at HT ’to-nil’ in all three wins.
- The visitors have scored 3+ goals in three of their last four SA away wins, with all four matches seeing both teams score. The importance of a good start is supported by the fact that each of Sampdoria’s three SA away matches this term have seen the eventual winner lead at HT 1-0 (W2, L1), with the opener arriving in the 13th minute on two occasions!
- Players to watch: Cagliari’s João Pedro is the first Brazilian player to be involved in 6+ SA goals (4 goals and 2 assists) after the opening six rounds since Kakà (2007).
- Jakub Jankto (SAM) scored the opener against Genoa and became the first Czech player to score in the Derby della Lanterna since Tomáš Skuhravý in 1995.
- Hot stat: The opening six SA Sampdoria’s matches have seen an average of 3.33 goals, which is their highest at this stage since the 2015/16 season (3.5), but still below the league average of 3.72 this season (ahead of the round).
|Head-to-head matches: CAGLIARI – SAMPDORIA|
|15.07.20||SA||Sampdoria||Cagliari||3 : 0|
|05.12.19||COP||Cagliari||Sampdoria||2 : 1|
|02.12.19||SA||Cagliari||Sampdoria||4 : 3|
|24.02.19||SA||Sampdoria||Cagliari||1 : 0|
|26.09.18||SA||Cagliari||Sampdoria||0 : 0|