Match Preview: Peru 0-2 Argentina Predictions and Betting Tips 18.11.2020
Tips & Predictions For Today, November 18, 2020.
League: World Cup – Qualification – Round 4
Match: 01:30 Peru – Argentina
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:2 WON!!!
- Without a win in six games and claiming one point from their three World Cup Qualifying (WCQ) matches so far (D1, L2), Peru have scored first in two WCQ matches. Without a win in 13 H2Hs (D4, L9), Peru have a hard task ahead as they’ve won just three of their last 14 matches since mid-July 2019 (90 minutes: D4, L7).
- Whilst Peru have scored over 1.5 goals in six of their last eight WCQ matches held in Lima (W4, D2, L2), manager Ricardo Gareca has observed his team concede first in half of such matches. Furthermore, six of these mentioned matches saw both teams score while six also produced over 2.5 match goals, just as in Peru’s last H2H at the Estadio Nacional (2-2).
- Ending a two-game WCQ win-run with a 1-1 draw last time out, Argentina trail arch-nemesis’ Brazil by two points, but maintain a seven-game WCQ unbeaten run since September 2017 (W3, D4). Alarmingly, Argentina have conceded first in four of those seven WCQ matches, and of even more concern, have conceded first within 25 minutes in two straight WCQ games in this phase.
- Nonetheless, Argentina manager Lionel Scaloni and his team are unbeaten in ten straight international matches (W6, D4) within which, ‘La Albiceleste’ (ARG) are unbeaten in four straight matches on foreign soil. Moreover, since Scaloni’s arrival, the Argentinians have averaged 1.18 goals-per-game in 11 matches away from Argentina (inc. neutral venues), which includes six shutouts.
- Players to watch: Peru’s André Carrillo has three WCQ goals so far in this edition; two were skillful volleys as first goalscorer.
- Argentina’s Lionel Messi has one H2H goal, while six of his seven goals this season for club and country have come from the penalty spot.
- Hot stat: With ten total yellow cards awarded in the last two WCQ H2Hs alone, could we expect a VAR-iety of ‘gamesmanship’ this time around?
|Head-to-head matches: PERU – ARGENTINA|
|06.10.17||WC||Argentina||Peru||0 : 0|
|07.10.16||WC||Peru||Argentina||2 : 2|
|12.10.13||WC||Argentina||Peru||3 : 1|
|12.09.12||WC||Peru||Argentina||1 : 1|
|11.10.09||WC||Argentina||Peru||2 : 1|