Match Preview: Luton 1-1 Birmingham Predictions and Betting Tips 24.11.2020
Tips & Predictions For Today, November 24, 2020.
League: ENGLAND: Championship – Round 13
Match: 20:00 Luton – Birmingham
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:1 WON!!!
- Although Luton Town have squandered a lead to draw 1-1 in two consecutive games, they still look a solid force this Championship campaign (W5, D3, L4) and subsequently are four points better off now than they were at this stage of last season. However, ill-discipline has been a factor, with no side picking up more yellow cards than the Hatters’ 22 so far (1.83 per match on average).
- Whilst half of Luton’s league games have been goalless at HT, none ended that way. That’s mainly due to 68.18% of the total match goals in their fixtures arriving after the break; a figure that rises to 71.43% at home. However, two-thirds of Luton’s Championship home matches have still produced under 2.5 goals, despite three of the four non-drawing games producing a 2+ goal margin.
- Birmingham City had to settle for another draw in their ‘Tenants vs Landlords’ game as they recorded a 0-0 with Coventry, extending their winless run to three games (D1, L2). With that result, boss Aitor Karanka might be experiencing a little déjà vu having recorded just three wins after 13 games in charge, just as he did in his previous managerial role with Nottingham Forest – it took until match 17 to pick up another victory.
- Whilst four of Birmingham’s last five visits to Luton saw both teams score, half of their away league games this season ended goalless. Unsurprisingly, Birmingham’s Championship away games have averaged a joint league-low 1.0 total goals per match (W1, D4, L1), with all six level at HT.
- Players to watch: James Collins has contributed to Luton’s only goal in two of their previous three games (one goal, one assist). Meanwhile, Lukas Jutkiewicz scored in both H2Hs last term, putting Birmingham ahead each time.
- Hot stat: Both teams scored in the second half in all four previous H2Hs; Birmingham scored in both halves in those four too.
|Head-to-head matches: LUTON – BIRMINGHAM|
|11.01.20||CHA||Luton||Birmingham||1 : 2|
|26.10.19||CHA||Birmingham||Luton||2 : 1|
|29.12.06||CHA||Birmingham||Luton||2 : 2|
|14.10.06||CHA||Luton||Birmingham||3 : 2|
|13.04.96||CHA||Birmingham||Luton||4 : 0|