Match Preview: Preston 3-0 Middlesbrough Predictions and Betting Tips 09.12.2020
Tips & Predictions For Today, December 9, 2020.
League: ENGLAND: Championship – Round 17
Match: 20:00 Preston – Middlesbrough
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 3:0 WON!!!
- Preston North End have been absolutely woeful at home (W1, D1, L6), conceding 2+ goals in four of their last five here, including one in or beyond the 75th minute in as many. In fact, 75% of Preston’s conceded home league goals have come beyond HT, and consequently, four of six defeats have come after a drawn first half.
- Across all venues, meanwhile, the ‘Lilywhites’ have drawn a league-low two games so far (12.5%). A considerable 62.5% of their games have produced over 2.5 total goals – including seven of their last eight – for a high average of 2.94, which is well above the Championship average of 2.24.
- Middlesbrough’s ten-game unbeaten run has led to erratic league form, which reads: ‘LWLWL’ in the five-game table. Following a surprise run of three consecutive games with over 2.5 total goals, normal service resumed with a 1-0 defeat last time out. In turn, 75% of Boro’s Championship games have seen under 2.5 total goals (1.69 on average).
- Markedly worse on their travels, Middlesbrough have picked up just seven (29.17%) of their 24-point haul away from home this season (W1, D4, L3). Whilst the ‘Boro’ boast the league’s second-strongest defence ahead of the round, when only considering away form (37.5% clean sheet rate) there are seven other teams with a tighter away defence.
- Players to watch: Tom Barkhuizen extended his scoring run to three games last time out, and he is the only Preston player to score across their last three home games.
- Now a fixture in the squad, Marvin Johnson contributed to three Middlesbrough goals across his last four appearances, with two goals and one assist.
- Hot stat: Middlesbrough manager Neil Warnock boasts a 73.91% W/D rate against Preston (W9, D8, L6).
|Head-to-head matches: PRESTON – MIDDLESBROUGH|
|01.01.20||CHA||Preston||Middlesbrough||0 : 2|
|01.10.19||CHA||Middlesbrough||Preston||1 : 1|
|13.03.19||CHA||Middlesbrough||Preston||1 : 2|
|27.11.18||CHA||Preston||Middlesbrough||1 : 1|
|25.09.18||EFL||Preston||Middlesbrough||2 : 3 (2 : 2)|
Match Preview: Londrina - CSA Predictions and Betting Tips 02.07.2022
Match Preview: Gold Coast Utd 0-1 Logan Lightning Predictions and Betting Tips 01.07.2022
Match Preview: Switzerland W 0-4 England W Predictions and Betting Tips 30.06.2022
Match Preview: SK Gjovik-Lyn 0-7 Stabaek Predictions and Betting Tips 29.06.2022