Match Preview: Preston 1-0 Bristol City Predictions and Betting Tips 18.12.2020
Tips & Predictions For Today, December 18, 2020.
League: ENGLAND: Championship – Round 20
Match: 21:00 Preston – Bristol City
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:0 LOST
- After successive away defeats, Preston North End’s attention will turn towards regaining control of one of the league’s poorest home win rates, which currently stands at just 14.29% (W1, D1, L5). For inspiration, they have an undefeated H2H home record against Bristol City (W2, D3) that dates back to their 2015/16 return to the Championship.
- Preston have recorded the opening goal in their last two Championship home games (W1, D1) after doing so in just one of the previous seven (W1, L6), suggesting a continued pattern of strong starts reaping rewards. The hosts have also earned points from their last three Championship home games in which they did not concede a first half goal (W2, D1).
- Despite also losing their last two games (all venues), Bristol City’s league-best record of W5, D1, L2 as a travelling outsider ought to fill them with confidence, particularly as they are yet to lose successive Championship games on the road against all opposition. Interestingly, 65% of Bristol City’s Championship goals scored (home or away) have been recorded after HT.
- They are, however, without an opening goal or HT lead in their last three encounters on the road. Yet, in conceding an average of just 1.22 goals per Championship away game, despite attaining only two clean sheets, Bristol have won all but one of the five road trips in which they’ve scored twice.
- Players to watch: Sean Maguire recorded the opening goal of the match in both his last start and in Preston’s last clash with Bristol City. For the visitors themselves, Nahki Wells is the only available player to score Bristol’s first goal in their last eight Championship outings.
- Hot stat: Two-thirds (66.67%) of Preston’s league goals conceded so far have been recorded after HT.
|Head-to-head matches: PRESTON – BRISTOL CITY|
|22.07.20||CHA||Bristol City||Preston||1 : 1|
|28.09.19||CHA||Preston||Bristol City||3 : 3|
|02.03.19||CHA||Preston||Bristol City||1 : 1|
|10.11.18||CHA||Bristol City||Preston||0 : 1|
|06.03.18||CHA||Preston||Bristol City||2 : 1|
Match Preview: Dinamo Minsk - Decic Predictions and Betting Tips 07.07.2022
Match Preview: Bodo/Glimt 3-0 Klaksvik Predictions and Betting Tips 06.07.2022
Match Preview: St Josephs 0-0 Larne Predictions and Betting Tips 05.07.2022
Match Preview: Rahmatgonj MFS 7-1 Muktijoddha Sangsad Predictions and Betting Tips 04.07.2022