Match Preview: Atletico Madrid 3-1 Elche Predictions and Betting Tips 19.12.2020
Tips & Predictions For Today, December 19, 2020.
League: SPAIN: LaLiga – Round 14
Match: 14:00 Atletico Madrid – Elche
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 3:1 WON!!!
- A Madrid derby defeat last weekend was more bitter than ever after Atlético Madrid’s city-rivals Real ended Atléti’s unbeaten club-record La Liga (LL) run. Still despite that 2-0 loss, Atlético’s defence remains the strongest across Europe’s top five divisions after conceding an average of just 0.36 goals per game, helping the Madrid outfit to secure a clean sheet in six of their eight LL wins this season.
- An unbeaten LL run stretching back over a year still exists at home though (W13, D4), and includes five wins (from a possible five games) against sides promoted to the top-flight within the last two seasons – four of which saw Atlético win despite a -1 handicap. Expect more of the same here considering Atlético have won 11 straight top-flight home H2Hs, nine despite a -1 handicap.
- Elche journeyed to Atlético for the first time nearly 61 years ago to the day, falling to a 5-1 defeat on December 20th 1959 – twenty top-flight away H2Hs since and they’re still searching for a first victory at Atlético (D3, L18). To their credit they’ve been hard to break down this season, losing just three LL games so far (W3, D5, L3), but a joint-league low tally of nine goals scored (0.82 per match on average) isn’t likely to give Atlético nightmares in the run up to this match.
- The visitors shouldn’t be daunted though after starting every LL road trip this season as an outsider, but still managing to achieve an 80% unbeaten rate (W2, D2, L1) – one of the division’s best as an away underdog.
- Players to watch: Luis Suárez has scored four goals – all after HT – across Atlético’s home wins this season. Josan’s last strike also arrived in the second half, as he netted Elche’s consolation goal in their only LL away defeat.
- Hot stat: Atlético haven’t conceded before the 85th minute in 11 straight LL home matches.
|Head-to-head matches: ATL. MADRID – ELCHE|
|29.11.17||CDR||Atl. Madrid||Elche||3 : 0|
|25.10.17||CDR||Elche||Atl. Madrid||1 : 1|
|25.04.15||LL||Atl. Madrid||Elche||3 : 0|
|06.12.14||LL||Elche||Atl. Madrid||0 : 2|
|18.04.14||LL||Atl. Madrid||Elche||2 : 0|
Match Preview: Londrina - CSA Predictions and Betting Tips 02.07.2022
Match Preview: Gold Coast Utd 0-1 Logan Lightning Predictions and Betting Tips 01.07.2022
Match Preview: Switzerland W 0-4 England W Predictions and Betting Tips 30.06.2022
Match Preview: SK Gjovik-Lyn 0-7 Stabaek Predictions and Betting Tips 29.06.2022