Match Preview: Valencia 0-1 Sevilla Predictions and Betting Tips 22.12.2020
Valencia – Sevilla Predictions & Tips For Today, December 22, 2020.
League: SPAIN: LaLiga – Round 15
Match: 17:30 Valencia – Sevilla
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:1 LOST
- A 2-2 comeback draw at Barcelona gave Valencia a valuable point, but as their fifth draw from the last seven La Liga (LL) games – four via a 2-2 scoreline – recent results have been disappointing. That influx of draws isn’t all that surprising considering Valencia’s identical goals scored and goals conceded average this season (1.5), and with two 1-1 stalemates in the previous two home H2Hs versus Sevilla, yet another seems possible.
- Without a LL clean sheet at home so far, the only two times Valencia took all three points here involved them scoring four goals (W2, D3, L2), whilst the only two times in which they failed to score they lost. However what may worry them most is the fact they’ve turned a league-high three HT home wins into FT draws.
- With a top-flight win-rate (50%) that can be bettered by just two teams, Sevilla will still have title aspirations, but their average of just 1.17 goals scored per LL match is holding them back, and is their joint-lowest after 12 rounds across the past 15 seasons. Subsequently, four of Sevilla’s last five LL wins came by a 1-0 scoreline.
- They travel here on a promising five-game winning away run in all competitions, and impressively, no LL side has turned more HT away draws into FT wins than Sevilla’s three this campaign. They should therefore pose a second-half threat, as seen by the fact 50% of the LL away goals they’ve scored arrived after the 75th minute.
- Players to watch: Defender Mouctar Diakhaby scored the opener in Valencia’s 2-2 draw at Barcelona, and scored the equaliser in a 1-1 stalemate two home H2Hs ago. The visitors have struggled for goals but Lucas Ocampos did score for Sevilla at the weekend, his second match opener this LL campaign.
- Hot stat: Only once across Sevilla’s last 23 competitive matches did the home side on the day lead at HT.
|Head-to-head matches: VALENCIA – SEVILLA|
|19.07.20||LL||Sevilla||Valencia||1 : 0|
|30.10.19||LL||Valencia||Sevilla||1 : 1|
|31.03.19||LL||Sevilla||Valencia||0 : 1|
|08.12.18||LL||Valencia||Sevilla||1 : 1|
|10.03.18||LL||Sevilla||Valencia||0 : 2|