Match Preview: West Ham 2-2 Brighton Predictions and Betting Tips 27.12.2020
West Ham – Brighton Predictions & Tips For Today, December 27, 2020.
League: ENGLAND: Championship – Round 21
Match: 15:15 West Ham – Brighton
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:2 WON!!!
- A 3-0 drubbing at Chelsea last time around was West Ham’s second scoring blank this Premier League (PL) campaign, making it two losses in four league games (W1, D1, L2). It was also the first time in four league matches that the ‘Hammers’ couldn’t recover points after conceding first in respective matches (W1, D2, L1).
- Impressive recent home form (W3, D2, L1) has propped West Ham to top-half with their only loss in that sequence coming against the league’s best travellers Manchester United. Scoring first is a big indicator of how matches go, as the team doing so has avoided defeat in six of West Ham’s seven PL home games (W4, D2, L1).
- Brighton needed a goal beyond the 80th minute to draw 1-1 last time around, extending their PL winless run (D3, L2) – in turn, they remain only two points above the relegation zone. Notably, six of Brighton’s 16 PL goals have come beyond the 80th minute, with three strikes earning draws after conceding first.
- London trips haven’t been Brighton’s forte, with just two wins in their last 17 such PL away games (D6, L9). Yet, the ‘Seagulls’ have won twice on the road this PL campaign (W2, D2, L3) earning them two-thirds of their season points. Curiously, Brighton have ended three of their six PL road trips with ten men, but avoided defeat every time (W2, D1).
- Players to watch: West Ham have won all three PL matches where Jarrod Bowen has netted, twice as their last scorer. Meanwhile, Brighton have remained unbeaten in both of the PL games where Danny Welbeck has scored (W1, D1).
- Hot stat: Late goals have played a part for the ‘Hammers’ so far, with six of West Ham’s 21 PL goals arriving beyond the 80th minute.
|Head-to-head matches: WEST HAM – BRIGHTON|
|01.02.20||PL||West Ham||Brighton||3 : 3|
|17.08.19||PL||Brighton||West Ham||1 : 1|
|02.01.19||PL||West Ham||Brighton||2 : 2|
|05.10.18||PL||Brighton||West Ham||1 : 0|
|03.02.18||PL||Brighton||West Ham||3 : 1|