Match Preview: PSV 1-3 AZ Alkmaar Predictions and Betting Tips 13.01.2021
PSV – AZ Alkmaar Predictions & Tips For Today, January 13, 2021.
League: NETHERLANDS: Eredivisie – Round 16
Match: 18:45 PSV – AZ Alkmaar
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:3 WON!!!
- PSV Eindhoven reached a milestone at the weekend as they scored their 5,000 Eredivisie goal – only Ajax have more – but saw it spoiled as they gave up a 2-0 lead after 21 minutes to draw 2-2 with Ajax, and subsequently remain a point behind the league leaders. That did extend their unbeaten top-flight run to nine games though (W6, D3) and saw them lead at HT for the 11th time this Eredivisie season (73.33%), although that’s something they’ve failed to do in five straight H2Hs versus AZ Alkmaar (W3, L2).
- The hosts’ perfect Eredivisie home record (W7) has helped them keep up with the early title pace, with four wins ‘to nil’ here showing both attack and defence are doing the job asked of them. That puts PSV in good stead to avenge a 4-0 hammering they experienced in the last H2H held here, a defeat that ended a ten-game winning H2H home run.
- Two straight score-draws will have AZ experiencing déjà vu, after they started the league season with five consecutive score-draws – a period that explains why they currently lag seven points off the title pace. AZ’s last nine competitive matches have now seen both teams score, but what may worry them more is conceding first in five of those.
- Goals at both ends has been the norm away too, where seven of AZ’s eight Eredivisie away games have seen both teams score, and five over 3.5 total goals. Yet despite that, the visitors somehow remain the only side yet to lose on the road (W3, D5).
- Players to watch: PSV’s Eran Zahavi bounced back from injury with a first-half brace last time out, but the race to score first could see Teun Koopmeiners star as he’s been AZ’s first goalscorer in five of their previous seven Eredivisie games.
- Hot stat: AZ have scored 12 Eredivisie away goals before HT – more than any other side except Ajax.
|Head-to-head matches: PSV – AZ ALKMAAR|
|27.10.19||ERE||PSV||AZ Alkmaar||0 : 4|
|12.05.19||ERE||AZ Alkmaar||PSV||1 : 0|
|22.12.18||ERE||PSV||AZ Alkmaar||3 : 1|
|07.04.18||ERE||AZ Alkmaar||PSV||2 : 3|
|12.08.17||ERE||PSV||AZ Alkmaar||3 : 2|
Match Preview: Londrina - CSA Predictions and Betting Tips 02.07.2022
Match Preview: Gold Coast Utd 0-1 Logan Lightning Predictions and Betting Tips 01.07.2022
Match Preview: Switzerland W 0-4 England W Predictions and Betting Tips 30.06.2022
Match Preview: SK Gjovik-Lyn 0-7 Stabaek Predictions and Betting Tips 29.06.2022