Match Preview: Brest 1-2 Rennes Predictions and Betting Tips 17.01.2021
Brest – Rennes Predictions & Tips For Today, January 17, 2021.
League: FRANCE: Ligue 1 – Round 20
Match: 13:00 Brest – Rennes
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:2 WON!!!
- Midtable Stade Brestois have claimed just one victory from their previous five Ligue 1 (L1) outings (D2, L2), but despite that, they’ve still fostered some exciting games this season, with their fixtures averaging a league-high 3.37 total goals per match. However that’s not so surprising when you consider they’ve registered a joint-league low two goalless first halves so far.
- Strong at home, ‘Les Brestois’ are unbeaten in their last five games here (W4, D1), and have claimed 73.08% of their league points on home turf. In fact, no L1 side has led at HT on more occasions at home than Brest this term (HT: W6, L3), mainly due to the fact they’ve scored 73.68% of their home league goals before the break.
- After suffering an eight-game winless streak in all competitions (D1, L7), Stade Rennais have hit the accelerator and strung together an impressive six-game unbeaten L1 run (W4, D2) that’s taken them into the top five ahead of this weekend. Morale should therefore be high, and having rescued a league-best 1.32 points on average when conceding first since the beginning of the 2019/20 campaign (W8, D5, L9), even conceding the opener might not dent their confidence.
- The visitors have also lost just one of their last ten L1 away matches (W5, D4, L1), whilst keeping a clean sheet in the previous three – their longest such streak for a year. Furthermore, Rennes have lost just one of the last 14 L1 road trips that they entered as betting favourites (W8, D5, L1).
- Players to watch: Brest’s Steve Mounié has scored four of his five L1 goals at home – four of those five arrived before HT. For the visitors, in-form Clément Grenier has netted the game’s opener in two of Rennes’ last three matches.
- Hot streak: The last six L1 H2Hs have witnessed the home side on the day fail to score before HT.
|Head-to-head matches: BREST – RENNES|
|31.10.20||L1||Rennes||Brest||2 : 1|
|08.08.20||CF||Brest||Rennes||1 : 2|
|08.02.20||L1||Rennes||Brest||0 : 0|
|14.09.19||L1||Brest||Rennes||0 : 0|
|23.07.19||CF||Brest||Rennes||1 : 0|