Match Preview: Derby 1-0 Bournemouth Predictions and Betting Tips 19.01.2021
Derby – Bournemouth Predictions & Tips For Today, January 19, 2021.
League: ENGLAND: Championship – Round 25
Match: 19:00 Derby – Bournemouth
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:0 LOST
- After a mini-resurgence toward the end of 2020, Derby County have since lost each of their last three matches in all competitions ‘to-nil’. Averaging a meagre 0.61 league goals per-game this season, the ‘Rams’ have lost each league match when conceding first (L12). However, with one or no teams scoring in their last nine games in all competitions, Derby’s goal-shy play is infectious.
- Late goals have plagued Derby’s home performances this season, and the ‘Rams’ have conceded one post 85th-minute goal in each of their last two matches at Pride Park. As such, Derby have also let in the most home league goals from the 76th-minute onwards (GF: 1 GA: 9), and are one of only two Championship teams to have not scored in both halves at home this season.
- Bagging a decent average of 1.58 goals per-game so far, Bournemouth are clinging to their top-six berth despite having lost 1-0 last time out. That was their third league loss since December 2020 (all comps: W5, D3), with each such loss coming by a one-goal margin for a total of nine league fixtures this season to have resulted in this fashion (FT: W5, L4).
- One-nil winners last time away, the ‘Cherries’ have shut-out the opposition in four of their last five away trips and with that, their last four awaydays have seen HT draws. Consequently, Bournemouth have scored 47.06% of their Championship away goals either side of the HT break (31st-45th+/46th-60th minutes) and have scored in both halves in a third of their league away games (33.3%).
- Players to watch: While two-goal Martyn Waghorn (DER) has never won a career match against the visitors (D1, L3), Waghorn does have one career goal and assisted in his last H2H. Dominic Solanke (BOU) continues to impress with ten league goals this season and will worry the Derby defence as Solanke has scored 70.0% of such goals in the first half.
- Hot stat: Strangely, these teams have met just 11 times since 1947 and Derby are unbeaten in eight straight H2Hs (all comps: W5, D3); but just three H2Hs produced over 2.5 match goals!
|Head-to-head matches: DERBY – BOURNEMOUTH|
|31.10.20||CHA||Bournemouth||Derby||1 : 1|
|10.02.15||CHA||Bournemouth||Derby||2 : 2|
|30.09.14||CHA||Derby||Bournemouth||2 : 0|
|22.02.14||CHA||Derby||Bournemouth||1 : 0|
|23.11.13||CHA||Bournemouth||Derby||0 : 1|