Match Preview: Liverpool 0-1 Burnley Predictions and Betting Tips 21.01.2021
Liverpool – Burnley Predictions & Tips For Today, January 21, 2021.
League: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 18
Match: 21:00 Liverpool – Burnley
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:1 LOST
- An uninspired Liverpool with an injury crisis in defence ground out a goalless draw last time out, extending their unbeaten Premier League (PL) run at home to 68 games – a streak that saw them pick up 178 of a possible 204 points! However, it also ended a 42-game PL scoring streak at home, and gave Liverpool a third consecutive top-flight match without a goal (D2, L1), putting them on the verge of four in a row without scoring for the first time since May 2000.
- Subsequently, they start the midweek round in fourth place, and have an awful shot conversion rate of 1.61% across their last four PL matches to thank for that slip down the table. It’s probably a good time to face Burnley then considering Liverpool have scored in 13 straight top-flight H2Hs, and haven’t lost at Anfield versus the ‘Clarets’ since September 1974 (W5, D2 following).
- Burnley’s scoring woes are even worse, and they travel here after failing to find the net in a joint-league high ten PL games this term. In fact, three of their last four PL matches have ended in a 1-0 defeat putting Burnley just one place above the relegation zone, and their fixtures have now averaged a league-low 1.82 total goals per match.
- That low-scoring is more pronounced on the road with six of Burnley’s last seven PL away games ending with under 1.5 goals, all of which hasn’t helped the visitors in the slightest as only bottom side Sheffield have picked up fewer than Burnley’s six away points (W1, D3, L5).
- Players to watch: Sadio Mané has scored three goals across Liverpool’s last two H2H victories, two before HT. Meanwhile, Chris Wood is Burnley’s only player to have scored more than twice this PL campaign – however, his last H2H strike was an own goal!
- Hot stat: Seven of Burnley’s nine PL away games featured the same HT/FT result.
|Head-to-head matches: LIVERPOOL – BURNLEY|
|11.07.20||PL||Liverpool||Burnley||1 : 1|
|31.08.19||PL||Burnley||Liverpool||0 : 3|
|10.03.19||PL||Liverpool||Burnley||4 : 2|
|05.12.18||PL||Burnley||Liverpool||1 : 3|
|01.01.18||PL||Burnley||Liverpool||1 : 2|