Match Preview: Newcastle 1-2 Leeds Predictions and Betting Tips 26.01.2021
Newcastle – Leeds Predictions & Tips For Today, January 26, 2021.
League: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 20
Match: 19:00 Newcastle – Leeds
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:2 WON!!!
- Newcastle are on the verge of failing to win nine consecutive Premier League (PL) matches for the third time since their return to the top flight. Perhaps most concerning of all, they have failed to score in five of their last six league outings, succumbing to a loss in five of those (D1) despite four 0-0 HT results.
- The comforts of St James’ Park have provided some relief of late. Five of their last six PL defeats have been away from home, with their recent home record since the start of December a more respectable W1, D2, L1. They struggle as an outsider at home, however, with a 50% win-draw rate (W1, D2, L3) under such circumstances in line with the PL average.
- Leeds will have enjoyed nine days off after the postponement of a midweek clash with Southampton, and enter this contest looking to build further on their W2, L1 record as a travelling favourite this PL campaign. Scoring away from home has been no problem for Leeds: their recent defeat at Tottenham was the first time this PL season they were held scoreless on the road after scoring an average of 2.13 goals per PL away game prior.
- Remaining sharp defensively as well as landing the first punch appears to be crucial to their fortunes on the road. Leeds’ four PL away victories have all been wins ‘to nil’, whilst the team to score first enjoys a dominant W8, L1 record throughout their travelling campaign.
- Players to watch: In search of his first goal since returning to the starting XI, Newcastle’s Jeff Hendrick will be elated if he can open the scoring in a second consecutive H2H. For the visitors, one of Patrick Bamford’s six opening goals for Leeds came in the reverse fixture.
- Hot stat: The match winner has led at HT in Leeds’ last five PL fixtures.
|Head-to-head matches: NEWCASTLE – LEEDS|
|16.12.20||PL||Leeds||Newcastle||5 : 2|
|14.04.17||CHA||Newcastle||Leeds||1 : 1|
|20.11.16||CHA||Leeds||Newcastle||0 : 2|
|25.09.13||EFL||Newcastle||Leeds||2 : 0|
|31.07.11||CF||Leeds||Newcastle||3 : 2|