Match Preview: Tottenham 1-3 Liverpool Predictions and Betting Tips 28.01.2021
Tottenham – Liverpool Predictions & Tips For Today, January 28, 2021.
League: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 20
Match: 21:00 Tottenham – Liverpool
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:3 LOST
- Unbeaten in four Premier League (PL) matches (W2, D2), Tottenham Hotspur remain title contenders. By the end of the previous league matchweek, no PL team had scored more (21) or conceded fewer (four) first-half goals, but the ‘Lilywhites’ remain vulnerable late on, having conceded 47.06% of their league goals this term after the 75th minute.
- Yet to let in a league goal at home before the 30th minute all season, ‘Spurs’ have scored first in seven (77.78%) of their PL home games this term. Unbeaten when doing so (W4, D3), they’ll hope for more of the same, especially against a true ‘bogey team’ against whom they have won just one of the last eight competitive H2Hs (D1, L6).
- Though unbeaten in league action when playing in London (W2, D1), Liverpool are rapidly losing their grip on the PL crown they won so easily last year. A recent 1-0 defeat to Burnley (Jan 21), ended their 68-game unbeaten league run at Anfield, and marked 4+ consecutive league games without a goal for the first time since April/May 2000.
- The ‘Reds’ have particularly struggled to convert opportunities on the road into results, and haven’t kept a first-half clean sheet in three competitive away games (W1, L2). Their last PL away win (7-0 vs Crystal Palace) was preceded by four straight league draws on the road, three of which saw Liverpool concede the last goal of the game.
- Players to watch: While Harry Kane (TOT) has scored six league goals against Liverpool, Mohamed Salah (LIV) has bagged eight goals against Tottenham in all competitions – the most he’s managed against any current PL side. The Egyptian has also netted Liverpool’s final strike in each of their last five competitive goalscoring away games.
- Hot stat: There hasn’t been a goalless first half in any of the last ten competitive H2Hs.
|Head-to-head matches: TOTTENHAM – LIVERPOOL|
|16.12.20||PL||Liverpool||Tottenham||2 : 1|
|11.01.20||PL||Tottenham||Liverpool||0 : 1|
|27.10.19||PL||Liverpool||Tottenham||2 : 1|
|01.06.19||CL||Tottenham||Liverpool||0 : 2|
|31.03.19||PL||Liverpool||Tottenham||2 : 1|