Match Preview: Chelsea 2-0 Burnley Predictions and Betting Tips 31.01.2021
Chelsea – Burnley Predictions & Tips For Today, January 31, 2021.
League: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 21
Match: 13:00 Chelsea – Burnley
Tip: Home Win
Match Result: 2:0 WON!!!
- Chelsea manager Thomas Tuchel’s debut ended goalless, keeping the ‘Blues’ several points adrift of a European qualification spot. Chelsea’s last run of successive goalless home league games dates back to November 2012 under Rafael Benitez, which also marks the last time they earned a shutout in each of a new permanent manager’s first two home league games.
- The hosts have notably scored their first goal of the game before the 30th minute in five of their last six Premier League (PL) wins. Any win could come with a lot of possession, as Chelsea had 78.9% possession and completed 820 passes in midweek. Those are both highs for a debuting Chelsea manager under Roman Abramovich’s ownership (2003/04-present).
- Winners by a 3-2 scoreline in midweek, Burnley will feel confident of edging closer to the top half, especially after beating all of the other three title-winning PL ever-presents away with a clean sheet inside the space of 365 days. They won the second half 1-0 in all three of those victories, showing their full potential to hold out against late onslaughts.
- However, 12 of the Clarets’ last 13 league games with five or more goals have ended in defeat. Their last PL win with over 4.5 total goals prior to that sequence came here in August 2017, for their sole win amidst a 21st century PL H2H away record that reads: W1, D2, L3. The three games won/lost in Burnley’s current PL stay all saw the winner beat a -1 first-half handicap to-nil.
- Key battle: Across multiple leagues, Chelsea defender Thiago Silva has made 25 home league appearances under Tuchel (W22, D3, L0). He will be tasked with stopping Burnley’s midweek matchwinner Chris Wood, who has now seen 75% of his goals this term act decisively, and the same characteristic applies to three of his last four PL away match openers.
- Hot stat: Twelve (HT: W/L10, D2) of the 13 prior PL H2Hs this century have seen the HT/FT results match.
|Head-to-head matches: CHELSEA – BURNLEY|
|31.10.20||PL||Burnley||Chelsea||0 : 3|
|11.01.20||PL||Chelsea||Burnley||3 : 0|
|26.10.19||PL||Burnley||Chelsea||2 : 4|
|22.04.19||PL||Chelsea||Burnley||2 : 2|
|28.10.18||PL||Burnley||Chelsea||0 : 4|