Match Preview: Wolves 2-1 Arsenal Predictions and Betting Tips 02.02.2021
Wolves – Arsenal Predictions & Tips For Today, February 2, 2021.
League: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 22
Match: 19:00 Wolves – Arsenal
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:1 WON!!!
- Millwall’s 1-1 draw last time out – a league-high 13th of the Championship campaign – continued their steady fall down the table as they now sit closer to the relegation zone than the playoff spots. An average of just 0.85 goals scored per league fixture has been their main downfall, and doesn’t bode well as they face an opponent, Norwich City, that they haven’t beaten in four H2Hs (D1, L3).
- Subsequently the ‘Lions’ begin as outsiders at home for just the third time this Championship season having previously drawn their previous two such games. That may sound promising, but Millwall are currently enduring a nine-game winless Championship run at home (D6, L3) – their worst such streak since March 2015, during a season that Millwall ended up relegated.
- That’s form league-leaders Norwich will look to exploit as they travel here with five points more after 26 games than at this stage during their last promotion campaign, and that’s despite scoring just 1.35 goals on average per Championship match this term. Their second-half performances have been exceptional though, with the ‘Canaries’ turning a league-high eight HT draws into FT wins – without that, Norwich would sit four points outside the playoff places!
- In fact it’s been tight margins throughout the campaign for Norwich, who have seen seven of their last eight competitive away games end via a one-goal margin (W5, L3), as well as seven of their eight Championship away wins this season.
- Players to watch: Millwall have struggled for goals and defender Scott Malone is their only player to have scored across their last four games. Norwich may also struggle upfront due to absences and will look to midfielder Mario Vrančić for inspiration – two of his three league goals this term were winners netted after the 85th minute.
- Hot stat: Six of Millwall’s last seven competitive matches witnessed a 1-0 HT scoreline either way.
|Head-to-head matches: MILLWALL – NORWICH|
|03.11.20||CHA||Norwich||Millwall||0 : 0|
|02.03.19||CHA||Millwall||Norwich||1 : 3|
|10.11.18||CHA||Norwich||Millwall||4 : 3|
|01.01.18||CHA||Norwich||Millwall||2 : 1|
|26.08.17||CHA||Millwall||Norwich||4 : 0|