Match Preview: Monaco 2-2 Lorient Predictions and Betting Tips 14.02.2021
Monaco – Lorient Predictions & Tips For Today, February 14, 2021.
League: FRANCE: Ligue 1 – Round 25
Match: 13:00 Monaco – Lorient
Tip: Home Win
Match Result: 2:2 LOST
- Red-hot Monaco have won their first seven Ligue 1 (L1) games of 2021 and subsequently only Reims in 1949 have started a calendar year with a longer winning streak in L1 history (ten). Impressively, Monaco scored an average of 3.14 goals per fixture during that run – including a 5-2 win in the reverse H2H – as they look to break into the division’s top three.
- The hosts have also lost just one of their 12 top-flight home matches this term (W8, D3, L1), with just one of those featuring a goalless first half. Strong second-half performances have been Monaco’s speciality, with ‘Les Monégasques’ winning a second league best seven second halves at home (2H: W7, D4, L1).
- A run of four league games without defeat (W3, D1) has pulled visiting Lorient clear of the relegation zone in what is their longest unbeaten L1 run since March 2016. That form indicates they could give Monaco a good game, although Lorient will probably concede considering they haven’t kept a clean sheet in any of the last 17 L1 H2Hs – their longest such run against a current top-flight side.
- Claiming just six points on the road so far (W1, D3, L7), ‘Les Merlus’ travel here as the division’s worst away side. Some of the blame for that can be pinned on Lorient’s slow starts, as they have kept a first-half clean sheet in a league-low 18.18% of their L1 road trips, subsequently returning a dreadful HT record of: D3, L8.
- Players to watch: Monaco striker Kevin Volland has been involved in a league-high nine goals in 2021 (five goals, four assists). Lorient’s dangerman could be Laurent Abergel, who has scored the game’s opener in his last two L1 starts.
- Hot stat: Referee Benoît Millot’s average of 0.90 penalties awarded per game is the highest of all L1 officials.
|Head-to-head matches: MONACO – LORIENT|
|06.01.21||L1||Lorient||Monaco||2 : 5|
|19.12.18||COU||Monaco||Lorient||1 : 0|
|22.01.17||L1||Monaco||Lorient||4 : 0|
|18.11.16||L1||Lorient||Monaco||0 : 3|
|17.01.16||L1||Lorient||Monaco||0 : 2|