Match Preview: FK Crvena Zvezda 2-2 AC Milan Predictions and Betting Tips 18.02.2021
FK Crvena Zvezda – AC Milan Predictions & Tips For Today, February 18, 2021.
League: Europa League – Play Offs – 1/16-finals
Match: 18:55 FK Crvena Zvezda – AC Milan
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:2 WON!!!
- After finishing second in Group L of the UEFA Europa League (UEL), Red Star Belgrade now take on Italian giants AC Milan for the first time since 2006. Red Star progressed to this round thanks to an unbeaten streak of five UEL matches (W3, D2), whilst keeping a clean sheet in the last three. The hosts have also won both Super Liga (SL) matches after the winter break and are clear at the top of the table.
- Coach, and former Inter Milan midfielder Dejan Stanković has overseen a run of 23 unbeaten competitive home matches, including all three UEL Group Stage games (W2, D1). Red Star kept a clean sheet in the last three such matches, whilst conceding the opener just once across their 15 home outings this season (W13, D2).
- Group H winners AC Milan (W4, D1, L1) enter this match as favourites despite losing three of their last five competitive matches (W2) and losing top spot in Serie A. A good start is imperative here considering Milan were leading at HT in each of their last nine competitive wins (in 90 minutes), while five of their six UEL Group Stage matches witnessed the same HT/FT result.
- If including qualifiers, the visitors have won four of their five UEL away matches this term (D1, penalties incl.) and also four of their last five league trips (L1). Much of that has been down to starting well, and subsequently leading at HT in all nine away league victories as well in two UEL Group Stage away wins.
- Players to watch: Red Star’s El Fardou Ben has netted both his UEL goals at home inside the opening 25 minutes. Meanwhile, Milan’s top UEL scorer this season, Jens Hauge, has scored two of his three goals after the break.
- Hot stat: Milan’s last loss to Spezia (2-0) was their first defeat away from the San Siro since December 2019.
|Head-to-head matches: FK CRVENA ZVEZDA – AC MILAN|
|22.08.06||CL||FK Crvena zvezda||AC Milan||1 : 2|
|09.08.06||CL||AC Milan||FK Crvena zvezda||1 : 0|
|10.11.88||CL||FK Crvena zvezda||AC Milan||1 : 2 (1 : 1)|
|26.10.88||CL||AC Milan||FK Crvena zvezda||1 : 1|